ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Personalized License Plate for 87

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Personalized License Plate Should I get for my 87?
87ASC
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
87MCLRN
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
MCLRN
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
MCLARN
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

87ASC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Personalized License Plate for 87 Reply with quote

I was wondering what you guys think I should get if I get a Personalized License Plate:

87ASC
87MCLRN
MCLRN
MCLARN

Heres the link to the Washington Personalized License Plate Search see what you can come up with Laughing :

https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/vsdpersonalplateonline/
#225 of 479
Originally done in "Keweenau White".
75coug

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very cool that Washington permits you to search for available plates ahead of time. Texas has no such system, which bites. Instead, the purchaser fills out a form and lists his top three choices. Needless to say, it is very possible that all three will be taken, but that little fact will not be disclosed for weeks.

As for your list, I don't think that you can go wrong with any of them. My favorite, though, is 87ASC.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Ya, that's how Jersey does it too, with the back & forth.
My '86 has MCLARN on it. IF I might suggest an alternative that's not car-related, for your consideration it would be what I have on the Silver Anniversary Edition 1990, which is TSAP. Now, of course nobody will hav a clue what TSAP is, but...... the "right" people will ! It stands for To Serve And Protect .. the Police Motto. I have never been stoped in that car., while I have been in the others, and even recieved a ticket.
With TSAP on the plate, the officer behind you will always think that you too are a fellow officer. Plain & Simple...it works.
If you can have 7 digits where you are and you want a car related plate, MCLAREN would be sweet,

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
87ASC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

75coug wrote:
It is very cool that Washington permits you to search for available plates ahead of time. Texas has no such system, which bites. Instead, the purchaser fills out a form and lists his top three choices. Needless to say, it is very possible that all three will be taken, but that little fact will not be disclosed for weeks.

As for your list, I don't think that you can go wrong with any of them. My favorite, though, is 87ASC.

Yeah, I have noticed that you are from McKinney, TX. We moved from Corpus Christi, TX to Coupeville, WA (on Whidbey Island) because my mother is in the Navy. I did not know that Texas did not have a system for Custom License Plates.

Sorry Sandy, but MCLAREN is not available. Believe me I would have loved that Laughing . Makes me wonder who has MCLAREN. Probably some rich guy who has one of those Mclaren Mercedes and Probably paid the guy who had it a lot of money to get a normal license plate so he can get it for himself.
#225 of 479
jscheller

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put "ASC'YA" on mine. Had to cut out the apostrophe with a stick on stencil.
ASCMCLRN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jscheller wrote:
I put "ASC'YA" on mine. Had to cut out the apostrophe with a stick on stencil.

Lol I love it! Mine is ASCMCLRN. It fits and gets the message across. Plus I always wanted a 90 ASC and can swap the plates if need be. I went online and tried so many different names for NY's DMV and that was available at the time so it worked out well.

In response to post, I Like 87ASC personally out of all your choices.

Nick Smile
shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I vote for 87ASC of those choices.......

I used to have MCLARN on mine in Ohio back in the nineties, sounds like quite a few others have that in other states. In '98 I changed it to
"BLU BYU" Cool The car happens to be Azura Blue, gee, how ironic.

I think different states have different amounts of characters for the personalized plates. I'm sure 88 ASC will be taken.....

Ohio does it the same as Texas (actually, Ohio did IT to Texas last weekend, Laughing ) you submit your top three choices and they let you know whats available. Most of time what you want isn't available.

I would suggest opening up your possibilities by looking at other factors like, what color is the car? work that into the name.......like AZURAASC or whatever.

Good luck!
1988 ASC McLaren #688
87ASC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my dad's old 1979 ASC Mustang "Bibbelwack" (what ASC called it) he had 79-CONV. I was thinking 87-ASC, it fits well but I like n20capri's license plate "n2ocapri" named after his account. That's were I got the idea 87ASC for my license plate becuase its my account.
#225 of 479
mustang marty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are putting MU5T4N9 on my son's Mustang... While I did his, I requested ASC50SC for my 85
87ASC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought at first it was 8 letters then I counted them and it was 7 letters Very Happy . So does Washington have that avalible?

You know that their is a website somewhere I think it is nofrontlicenseplate.org or something to that effect where they are currently try to get signatures for them to change the law here so that their is no front license plate.
My Mom got stopped in our 2006 S281 Saleen Mustang by a officier really nice guy (so she says Laughing ) and he was aware of the problem that people with Saleens are having and got us (Has to be shipped) a waiver. I could not believe it a waiver for that Very Happy .
But after that we had to go on the Navy base because my mom forget her I.D. and a guy in Dengrees tried giving us trouble (Dad says that he probably got sent down their because he got in trouble and he is all mad Laughing ) and as soon as we told the girl with camo on about the waiver thats coming they let us go.
#225 of 479
knsstang

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: plates Reply with quote

I have 89Mclrn on my gold one. That way some people won't have to ask what year it is
1989 Royal Gold Metallic #095 (225Hp)
2016 Kawasaki ZX14R (199.9Hp) (26,200 miles)
2013 Kia Optima (275Hp)
2012 GMC Yukon Denali (403Hp)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: