ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IME vs IMH Serial Number Prefix Explained.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ascMcLaren Info and Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: IME vs IMH Serial Number Prefix Explained. Reply with quote

" The ascMcLaren (D32ascMcLaren) vehicles will be produced as an incomplete vehicle. Therefore, it will have a unique Vehicle Identification Number. Specifically, vehicles built for American Sun Roof Corporation's Automotive Speciality Corporation (ASC) will have the prefix of 1MH rather than the customery 1ME in the first 3 Model Designator positions of the vehicle identification number (VIN). This VIN change is required to reinforce the fact that the ascMcLaren production pre-build vehicles require additional manufacturing operations to be done by ascMcLaren, prior to certification requirements. Additionally, these vehicles will be invoiced by Ford Motor Company with Incomplete Vehicle Documentation. "

PRINT IT SANDY SAYS ! Obviously, there was NO additional "refinments" nor alterations that one would get from FoMoCo on a 1MH car. A 1ME car would require x-tra work for the folks atascMcLaren, mostly (I'd assume) in the nature of REMOVING unwanted and/or UNneeded items. The 1MH car would be more of an "I'm ready for you" car at ascMcLaren. Why install a back seat in a 84 85 86 Capri, when asc was immediately going to rip it out? Yet, the certification label states 5 Passenger, yet FoMoCo releases it without a back seat. See? Exterior & interior window moulding also never installed. Glass, yes, because of weather concerns.
On a 1ME car, you might find under the rear seat area where the storage boxes are a nice set of seat belts still bolted in, whereas in a 1MH car they would have never been installed. Things like that.....

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ascMcLaren Info and Resources All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: