ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Signature Images. Good or bad?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Allow Images in Signatures?
BAN THEM!
30%
 30%  [ 12 ]
KEEP THEM!
22%
 22%  [ 9 ]
KEEP THEM! but have the HONOR SYSTEM!
25%
 25%  [ 10 ]
I don't care one way or the other.
22%
 22%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 40

negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Signature Images. Good or bad? Reply with quote

What does everyone think about allowing images in signatures? If you don't know, a signature (sig) is something that can be appended to every post you make. They are nice in that it makes posts more distinctive and "branded" for the individual.

On some sites, people keep it to a minimum but it can get out of hand.

What I'm worried about is that alot of the people who read the Yahoo board and now this one, use dial-up connections. The images take time to download and space on the page.

We do have "avatars" which you can use to express yourself and those can be configured with a maximum size. The size has been left small, 90x90 pixels.

Unfortunately for signatures, its an either all or nothing approach to images. Either I filter the tags out or let them in. I know of no way to limit their size other than on the honor system.

I myself like to see a clean page free of alot of large signatures (which repeat often) but don't mind small ones at all.

I want to know what everyone thinks so lets take the FIRST POLL OF THE BOARD!

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
mandra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on the signatures. Not too big is okay on boards (to me anyway)
Also I would suggest a PG13 rule of sorts. I have seen too many things on other boards I wouldn't want my kid to see.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mandra wrote:
I agree on the signatures. Not too big is okay on boards (to me anyway)
Also I would suggest a PG13 rule of sorts. I have seen too many things on other boards I wouldn't want my kid to see.

Yeah, that goes without saying. No "hoochie mamas" on this board please!

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: