ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEGONE CRAPPY STEERING WHEEL!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: BEGONE CRAPPY STEERING WHEEL! Reply with quote

I had two HUGE peet peeves when I had my car which I swore to remedy. The first was the door panels.

The SECOND was the CRAPPY aftermarket steering wheel that some ASSHAT put on in place of what had to have been a beautiful ascMcLaren leatherwrapped wheel.

SO here is what I (pathetically) managed to accomplish on New Year's. I swapped in a Capri wheel that I had gotten. I'm saving the true asc one for when the resto is 99.99% complete:

Out with the Crappy DINO:

In with the Capri wheel:

Two things I IMMEDIATELY noticed. The Capri wheel gives me almost 4" of space BACK between me and the steering column and I can SEE all the gauges again! I will never understand morons and what they think is "cool".

FYI, the seat upholstery is new but the piping is the wrong color. Oh well too late to send them back now (I got them 8 years ago). And yes, I need new carpetting.

-Mike

Last edited by negusm on Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Euro#13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

That looks much better, and I actually like that piping, it's still better than the O.E. Capri red.
You might consider taking it to a reputable upholstry shop that does fabric dying, they very well might be able to die them to the proper gray for much less than having them re-stitched. Just a thought.

Brent

P.S. The thing I like most about that second picture is the green grass in the background, boy do I miss that this time of year. Crying or Very sad
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I thought of trying a dye.

It's just not worth it right now as there are more things needing attention.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
lightning95sc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Mike. Whats an" ASSHAT"? Laughing that just cracks me up!
Is that like an" ASSWAD" or having "OVERCOAT BUTTONS ON BLOOMERS?",just wrong!!! And whats wrong with the "GHETTO FABULOUS,I JUST RAIDED THE ENTIRE MURRAY'S LIGHT 'EM UP AISLE" wheel? Laughing By the way, can I use that? And I thought "ASSWAD" was funny.
The Capri wheel looks MUCH better. Chuck
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASSHAT:

I snagged the term from FEP Very Happy :
http://www.foureyedpride.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14204&start=0

Last edited by negusm on Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
lightning95sc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! I must be loopy, that "ASSHAT" icon has me rolling. I just came off FEP. I'll have to go back and thank Skye for the mental picture Very Happy . Chuck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: