ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A note to everybody
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dahberg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sandy, the tube can force gas in as well as suck gas out. This same tube allows a cutting device to be pushed through to remove pulups. I have had sedations where I was awake and alert while part of the procedure was taking place (not fun at all). I was sedated, but able to watch. This is when you really feel the pain as they insert gas into the tubes to expand the opening and suck out liquid at the same time to get a better picture/image of the colon. Believe me, you want to be asleep. The last jerk doctor I had hurt me bad ramming it in before I was put out.

TMI, I am sure, but you know if they did not pump gas in to expand the colon, the tube would just break a hole through the colon wall. They have to see where they are going or the end result will be worse than not having performed the procedure at all!

I know about cramps and it aint any fun!
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird.

My wife had a Colonoscopy last week. The prep was just pills...no drink. And no gas after the procedure either.

She did opt for the better anasthesia which is supposed to not make you nauseous...and that was awesome but we have to pay $125 for that.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, some Drs use just the drink, other combine less drink and the pills, but few do JUST the pills. I do not know who, what or why the different methods.
So....the tube sucks, too? Hmmm.
Yesterday, I didn't feel 100% - but today is much much better.
I am eating very light and drinking more than eating. Stomach is
still a little ah..... "bubbly" Rolling Eyes I got into the Halloween candy ! Wink
Butterfingers, Whoppers & Kit Kat are all friends of mine.
I am going to eat ALOT MORE salad, flounder, clear soups, and vegis & fruit, and waaay less deserts, & ice cream (always my downfall).

Tomorrow Morn I have to call this here Dr and make an appt. for his majesty to tell me the results and what he found in there.

(I still think I have that 1981 Dodge Omni, that I was selling to a Mr. Heinowitz in 1981 and he & I didn't get along, as his way of trying to gett he price down was to try & abuse me, verbally. So, I politely told him that the price was indeed, FIRM. He then told me to "Shove the Omni up my ass!"
So......I think she's starting to rust in there. Hopefully, Dr. Mogan wasable to pull it out. Rolling Eyes

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/

Last edited by Sandy on Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
dahberg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:

(I still think I have that 1981 Dodge Omni, that I was selling to a Mr. Heinowitz in 1981 and he & I didn't get along, as his was of trying to getthe price down was to try & abuse me, verbally. So, I politely told him that the price was indeed, FIRM. He then told me to "Shove the Omni up my ass!"
So......I think she's starting to rust in there. Hopefully, Dr. Mogan wasable to pull it out. Rolling Eyes

OMG, rotflmao! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks for the laugh Sandy!
dahberg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm wrote:
Weird.

My wife had a Colonoscopy last week. The prep was just pills...no drink. And no gas after the procedure either.

She did opt for the better anasthesia which is supposed to not make you nauseous...and that was awesome but we have to pay $125 for that.

-Mike

Was this a full procedure or just a lower exploration? For a lower examination, I have had the pills only and they attempted to not use any anestitic. This was several years ago. Attempted, as the gas pains from the air blowing in sent me into the fetal position swearing like a drunk sailor ready to grab the doc by the throat to choke the living crap out of him! They stopped and scheduled me for the full treatment a week later. What joy... Confused
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, yes.... "The Full Treatment" ~ I do recall it very well !

* Undrercoating
* Paint Glaze
* Custom Floor Mats
* Trunk Protection Mat
* Stick of Touch Up Paint
* Polyglycoat Application

* $ 695.00

NOW REDUCED TO JUST $ 395.00

Larry d

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy,, From NE Oregon hope test comes out real well, It seems there is always something for us to worry about from day to day. If there isn't those DAMN doctors can manufacture something.............Glad you are feeling better and hope all else goes well.... Larry with the Crimson Cat
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Larry with the Crimson Car! Seen any White Lightenings or Black Magics as of late? Charcoal Turbos ??

Funny thing is, I feel very good. Millions would pray to feel as good as I do, but...then there is the tummy that is frequently "gurggling" and making sounds, and sometimes has a "tummy ache" (remember as a kid?)
I STILL have "Gas" (being "kind" here") Not as much, but "room Spray" and I have gotten to be real cozy friends.
Drunks walk around carrying a bottle of booze and I walk around with my spray air freshner. Rolling Eyes

Larry d

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy in all of the traveling we have done in the northwest I have seen none of the above. Butttt have just down the street from us a mid 60's Chrystler 300 in pristine shape, kind of a lite mint green. Thot of you and your Chrytler bug. Was thinking of getting a picture for you but have run out of time every day. I don't know the years very well I think it could be one of the first couple of years they made. My middle son had a very pretty high mileage 1966 in high school, was white botton with med blue metalic top. Oh well can only do what we can do.
Still trying to nurse my wife back as she is still maybe up to 70%.
Glad you are feeling better and keep the stool warm.
Also the Cat is in bed for the winter , had some rain while she was still out and I did some wheel spinning. Running very strong now Larry
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, Hi ya, Larry. Good to see your still kicking BuTT ( Crying or Very sad Sorry) ~
I am amazed that your wife is still
not batting 100-percent!

If you get a pic of that "Cry-Slur" I can tell you the year & model.
I am very very happy, that as of today, it's no longer "Daimler-Chrysler" and have taken back THE REAL name:-

THE CHRYSLER CORPORATION

as it should be !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: