ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FYI: 87 ASC Mclaren #421 possibly f/t in texas
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nixhex32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i am very close to convincing myself to keep the car for a while. i have it posted on another board(local) for trade and everyone wants to know my cash price and when i tell them, they get pissed and say that its not worth it. and they look to see what i paid for it. i think i'll just fix it up some more and go from there. got my new top(ez-on product) might wait till i get the car painted before i put it on, also got my tonneuo cover back, the guy did an awesome job. i'll take some pics of it before i install it also(after the paint job also)
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

75coug wrote:
scoutdrivinrebel wrote:
75coug wrote:
Alas, one of my few local McLaren brethren is flying the coup. I hope that you find a good buyer. Good luck.

If I could only find a 1986 Coupe in good condition (that isn't priced so high that I'll have to take a second mortgage) you would gain a DFW McLaren brethren. I'm trying. The 1986 coupe on Hank's site sure is nice, but it has two things going against it for me. It's in New York (damn thats a long way), and it's $12,000. It is however exactly what I am looking for. Does anyone want to offer me some encouragement? My wife sure wont.

The part about the car being in New York isn't a big problem. I bought my car from a guy on Long Island, and shipping it here was painless and fast (once I decided not to go with a cut-rate shipper).

The $12k . . . well, that's another story.

cut-rate shipper hmm? any idea on shipping from canada to georgia or can you get me the shippers# thanks
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Encouragement?
How's this:-

In life, we seldom regret what we did,
more often we regret what we didn't Cool

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
75coug

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RARE-ASC wrote:

cut-rate shipper hmm? any idea on shipping from canada to georgia or can you get me the shippers# thanks

An excellent shipper is Dependable Auto Shippers. You can find them at:

www.dasautoshippers.com

For a thousand bucks, they picked up my car at a residence on Long Island and safely delivered it within three days to North Texas. Every part of the transaction was first-rate and professional.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
scoutdrivinrebel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

75coug wrote:
RARE-ASC wrote:

An excellent shipper is Dependable Auto Shippers. You can find them at:

www.dasautoshippers.com

For a thousand bucks, they picked up my car at a residence on Long Island and safely delivered it within three days to North Texas. Every part of the transaction was first-rate and professional.

Did you buy your car without ever seeing it in person? This is the part that scares me. I'll bookmark this shippers page, because I am sure I will need it at some point.
75coug

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scoutdrivinrebel wrote:

Did you buy your car without ever seeing it in person? This is the part that scares me. I'll bookmark this shippers page, because I am sure I will need it at some point.

Yes. And yes, it was scary. Before doing so, however, I exchanged a BUNCH of e-mail with the seller and talked to him on the phone at length. We went over everything that he knew about the car, and he sent me a ton of photos to back up what he was saying. He was also forthright about the things that he did not know.

In the end, I trusted that he was giving me the honest scoop and I pulled the trigger on the deal. I scrutinized the car greatly upon its arrival, and was pleased to find that he had, in fact, been honest with me.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: