ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

85-86 Coupe Door panels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: 85-86 Coupe Door panels Reply with quote

A whole bunch popped up. Some with or without power locks. Door panels with crank windows have a perforated panel in the back which you pop out to put in the power window switch. Same with the power locks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4520581110&category=34206

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33696&item=7949044358&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33696&item=7949295450&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33696&item=7949315215&rd=1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
n20capri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was checking out some of their other auctions...they are a bit shady...

They say everything is mint...then go on to say except some minor flaws...lol. Well if there are flaws then they aren't mint...or near mint...lol

Boths sets of seats below look like crap to me...
Quote:
EXCELLENT CONDITION!! These are in amazing shape, and in nearly MINT Condition!! There are only two imperfections: a worn seam (second picture), and a very small tear that was nicely repaired (third picture).

Quote:
EXCELLENT CONDITION!! These are in amazing shape, with no rips or tears!! There is a very slight seam split on the driver's side that is near imposssible to see. Its only about 2 centimemters big and takes nothing away from these seats......NOTE: The pictures were taken in bad lighting immediately after I cleaned the seats. Any discoloration on the pictures is because parts of the seats were drier than others.

This carpet looks like some crusty nasty stuff...lol
Quote:
This carpet is in nice shape, with no rips or tears! It does need a cleaning. Great Condition!! See Picture!!

86 AscMcLaren Capri Coupe - #026 | 11.4@118 | 290/322
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Album
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever dealing with ebay sellers, always ask questions.

Do you have links to those auctions you are talking about?

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottom (or last) set looks the best. I seriously doubt getting that carpet much better on the ones stating that the carpet "only" needs to be cleaned. IF that woulda done it ~ one would think the seller woulda done it.....No ??

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
The bottom (or last) set looks the best. I seriously doubt getting that carpet much better on the ones stating that the carpet "only" needs to be cleaned. IF that woulda done it ~ one would think the seller woulda done it.....No ??

If the carpet is cleaned right, it will look almost new again. I have cleaned several sets of door panels with Mike's suggestion of Simple Green and Castrol Super Clean. They came out nearly new (even after one guy claimed he tried to clean them up).

One saving grace about these door panels is if they are not damaged, they do clean up beautifully. Since the chances of a reproduction door panel are ZERO, that is a very good thing. Most of the time the only real damage is that the weatherstripping at the top is hard and cracked and damaged or the vinyl trim running along the bottom edge is cracked or broken. Both can be replaced.

None of those door panels are as dirty as the ones currently on my car were...and the one's on my car look really nice...and those are the WORST set I have....so I think they should clean up just fine....but your mileage may vary.

-Mike
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batteries not included
The preceeding are one person's experience,
and are not necessarily what everone will experience.
Not all colors will be available at all times.
Product is intended to be used ONLY as illustrated!
Product trademarked. Trademark infringement will be
prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Lawyers are
standing by. Razz Laughing

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
n20capri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm wrote:
Whenever dealing with ebay sellers, always ask questions.

Do you have links to those auctions you are talking about?

-Mike

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmustangQ5fpartsQ5funlimited
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Album
n20capri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm wrote:
Sandy wrote:

If the carpet is cleaned right, it will look almost new again. I have cleaned several sets of door panels with Mike's suggestion of Simple Green and Castrol Super Clean. They came out nearly new (even after one guy claimed he tried to clean them up).

One saving grace about these door panels is if they are not damaged, they do clean up beautifully. Since the chances of a reproduction door panel are ZERO, that is a very good thing. Most of the time the only real damage is that the weatherstripping at the top is hard and cracked and damaged or the vinyl trim running along the bottom edge is cracked or broken. Both can be replaced.

None of those door panels are as dirty as the ones currently on my car were...and the one's on my car look really nice...and those are the WORST set I have....so I think they should clean up just fine....but your mileage may vary.

-Mike

I used to detail cars and it's pretty hard to get crusty gray carpet back to new...not totally impossible but if it's coffee or soda (which it usually is), forget it...

In my experience gray's and light blue's are the hardest to get clean...red's and even tan's always seem to come up good...
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

mandra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has an issue with that seller (Mustang_Parts_Unlimited) I can stop by since they are just 3 towns over from me. Especially if you are looking for a big ticket item.
dahberg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad I made a recent purchase from this guy on ebay. He advertized a set of front tan seat belts for an 86' Mustang in "excellent condition". The belts arrived in a old beat up Budwiser 15 bottle cardboard beer case with no wraping or protection what so ever. The belts were stained with grease, frayed, discolored, metal pitted, plastic pieces cracked and the passenger side female piece was "red" instead of tan. Fortunately, I was able to get my money back after filing claims with ebay, paypal and square deal.

All I needed was the driver side female belt with good plastic! I was willing to buy the set to get one piece. Live and learn... Crying or Very sad
svo413

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: seat belt Reply with quote

The plastic sleeve is available in reproduction ~$14. Red, black and grey or paint to match. The actual belt is hard to see once in the new sleeve.
85 ASC Vert #612205
88 ASC Vert #542 20,550 miles
84 SVO 24,000 miles, 84 GT Turbo Vert.
03 Mach I, 89 LX Vert, 74 Mustang II
14 CA Special, 69 Mustang coupe, 07 GT500
67 T-bird, 15 F150 Tuscany, 16 F250
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: