ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

asc in mustang milestone magazine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knsstang

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: asc in mustang milestone magazine Reply with quote

I have spotted someones red asc in the mustang milestone magazine. The magazine cover this month is red and white, The car was photographed at the dearborn ford show in 2007. The car appears to be an 87 or 88 judging by the ground effects. I look in these magazines everytime i see them and wonder why the asc is never mentioned. That is why I always ask the question is this car a mustang or an ASC/Mclaren. Our cars are never mentioned in this magazine. Are these cars more limited than the 7up cars based on year to year numbers? Can someone please help me with this.
1989 Royal Gold Metallic #095 (225Hp)
2016 Kawasaki ZX14R (199.9Hp) (26,200 miles)
2013 Kia Optima (275Hp)
2012 GMC Yukon Denali (403Hp)
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few reasons, Ken.

1.) Ford was not comfortable having their name attached to a product that was so extensively modified, and over which they had no control.

2.) There is no place ON the cars where it says "Ford" or "Mustang".

3.) ascMcLaren only promoted the cars to Ford & Lincoln-Mercury DEALERS. There was no National Retail-to-Consumers program. That was left up to the retail outlets.

4.) More 7-Up Mustangs were made in that year than ascMcLarens.

5.) FoMoCo supplies no info to the press reegarding our cars.

6.) ascMcLaren (per se) has been disbanded. 90% of the employees there today, were not there 1984-1990, and have no knowledge of the cars.

Hows Royal Gold doing for herself these days? Tucked away for theMichigan Winters ?

http://www.ascmclaren.org/phpBB/album_pic.php?pic_id=516
THINK SPRING

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
knsstang

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have put her away for the winter, I am trying to buy some recaro seats from a friend of mine but they are cloth. He wants 200.00 for the seats, but with the current economy I am going to try to talk him down. I need him to come down so I can pay to have them covered in leather. They are some really really nice seats. They have six bolsters,four air pumps and they feal really comfortable.
1989 Royal Gold Metallic #095 (225Hp)
2016 Kawasaki ZX14R (199.9Hp) (26,200 miles)
2013 Kia Optima (275Hp)
2012 GMC Yukon Denali (403Hp)
m81mclaren

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

knsstang wrote:
I have put her away for the winter, I am trying to buy some recaro seats from a friend of mine but they are cloth. He wants 200.00 for the seats, but with the current economy I am going to try to talk him down. I need him to come down so I can pay to have them covered in leather. They are some really really nice seats. They have six bolsters,four air pumps and they feal really comfortable.

I need those seats!!! If you end up going a different route please let me know if I can buy the recaros in your album!
Thanks DH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: