ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It just ain't right!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark@ddi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: It just ain't right! Reply with quote

I am taking my car to the Ararat Shrine Swap Meet this weekend and spent $25 to put it in the car corral. Draws big crowds so who knows.

It just doesn't feel right selling this car this way. It is kinda cold blooded. How do I know they wont take away the originality and even appreciate it for what it is.......a classy lookin car!

I always get emotionally attached to my vehicles. I am emotionally attached to my wife also and she says that we have too many cars so get rid of it. Harsh!!

What if someone gives me cash and I see something else I like in the corral???? That would not be overtime like KU that would be sudden death.

C'mon ASC lovers save her.
bryan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, I feel your pain. Crying or Very sad
'87 Guards Red ascMcLaren (#398)
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, everybody here has a car or two or three.

Its tough to sell a car on this site.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
mark@ddi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: It ain't right Reply with quote

I understand the multiple cars and get that part.

We should start a temperature controlled McLaren storage facility and hire a manager and wait for another time when these get the recognition that they deserve.

These Barrett Jackson deals are getting boring with the same Camaros, T-Birds, Chevelles etc one after another. Boring!

If I had a daughter and you wanted to date her I would haunt you to the end of time. Might do the same thing here and make sure that you are worthy. Lol.
BRYAN ROGERS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reconsider Reply with quote

I see you have a few newer cars there in your sig.

Are you making payments on any of them? Most of those cars you have listed are easy to come by.

Why not get rid of one that isn't rare like the ASC is?

XK8's are getting pretty cheap these days. (not super on gas either),

Mini's are a dime a dozen... (good on gas though).

And c'mon seriously, where CANT you find a Nissan Altima?

I've been considering selling my 06 GT to help get my Mclaren project finished faster, but I would never sell my Cobra to do it. It's a keeper and it was limited production.
'95 Cobra.
'07 Kawasaki Z1000.
mark@ddi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: It just aint right Reply with quote

Interesting comments.

The Nissan Altima......SER is really neat. I commute 81 miles round trip per day. A great car to do it in. Very reliable and low cost commuter. 27.5 mpg and it blows the socks off of a lot more expensive cars.

The Crossfire was a "manager's special" and after my wife negotiated with them it was bought at a real bargain price. Good looking Redhead with her hat on and the prettiest blue color I ever saw. A match made in heaven and she loves her car. (I don't drive it).

The Mini was my son's reward for being a great kid. He did agree to surrender Christmas and birthday gifts for several years, maintain A's in school, get a job, and scholorships for college this fall. He has done them all. 2002 with Automatic and only 21,000 miles. Neat car.

The Jag was an unexpected purchase. $14,500 with 27,000 miles. Had good carfax and maintenance records. I am in love with this car. To and from Miami it got 27 mpg and in my commute when I do it gets 22-23 mpg.

I expect that the McLaren will be gone soon. I am glad I finally got to own one. I will never recover what I have in the car and that is ok as it is a sweetheart for the next owner.

This is my explanation and logic for what I have done. Don't discount that SER or you will be up my tailpipe like many many others. Sleeper for sure.
BRYAN ROGERS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying the SER is a POS.

I was just consdering the rarity of the ASC in comparison to the others you have listed.

You can always get another one of those.

Not true with the ASC.
'95 Cobra.
'07 Kawasaki Z1000.
mark@ddi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: aint right Reply with quote

I am somewhat of a fanatic on the Ward's 10 best engine listings.

The Nissan V-6 has been listed for 13 years in a row.

The Jag V-8 was listed in 2000.

The Crossfire has the Mercedez V-6 which was listed 2 years in a row.

The Mini.....?????? might be a Peugot motor? Hey they are in Formula 1 so must be ok.

Still love the sound of the 5.0L with the BBK shorty headers and the offroad Flowmasters. Retro to the max!!!
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely love Chrysler Crossfires & wanted to buy one, just a few months ago - but I was not willing to sell anything, so it was a no can do.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
mark@ddi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: ain't right Reply with quote

Sandy;

I have a young good looking redhead wife. The Crossfire is a match made in heaven for her and matches here personality perfectly!!

Now as a more mature fast aging male it is hard to get in and out of and if you were taller than me(I am 5'8") then you would have to duck down to be comfortable.

I think that it is a 'hot chick' car. At least I look at them when I see them!
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 foot 8 inches, also !!!

It's a Super Sexy Car ! ! !

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
mark@ddi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: aint right Reply with quote

I have had a really great week. My wife need my Nissan SER for a "field trip" so I drove the Crossfire to and from work one day. The next day was a really nice day so I had the Jag washed and man was it a great ride.

I had a sale on the McLaren fall through so as long as I had it out of storage I have been driving it. Man what a great car and do I get looks and nods from people. When they are put away from sight you magnify the flaws and then when you actually drive it again they are very minimal.

Will be 80' today and I may just drop the top for the ride home from work!

What a lucky guy I am!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: