ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The TSW 17" Wheels are on!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capriman86

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These springs came with a parts car I had a year and a half ago.

They are brand new, the rears where installed but the car never went back on the road and the front springs were in the back seat.

Spring Teqniues ST 60090 Sport Spring is what was on the package.
They are a 1 inch drop coil
capriman86

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed the front wheel gap, now the car is dead nuts level!!!!!!!!!

I cut a ¼ coil off each front spring. Came out great!

tfs2121

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey no parking! thats the fallout shelter Shocked
86capriasc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That car looks perfect now.

I really wish I had my wheels done. We have a car show in town here next weekend and I would really like to make it. Want my wheels done first though. I have tried just about every paint stripper made and cannot get through all of the powdercoat. I guess I will have to get some sand to blast them.
1986 ASCMclaren #108
stock E7 short block, explorer intake, 65mm TB, home built Gt45 turbo kit, 3.08s, Borla cat-back, '05 slot maf, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, E85, Qaurterhorse tuner.
capriman86

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AirCraft stripper won't get it huh?

I didn't notice that FALLOUT shelter sign at first..LOL
86capriasc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I picked some up yesterday and tried it. The wheels are German brand Borbets, so who knows what was used. I have been trying get these wheels stripped on and off for a cople years now. I found a good set of used tires for them so I would really like to get them on.

Maybe tomorrow I will try again. I will coat them again and try to let them sit in the sun inside plactic bags. If that don't work I will get out the sandblaster.
1986 ASCMclaren #108
stock E7 short block, explorer intake, 65mm TB, home built Gt45 turbo kit, 3.08s, Borla cat-back, '05 slot maf, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, E85, Qaurterhorse tuner.
86capriasc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The topcoat came off pretty well, but there seems to be another base coat or primer underneath that is really hard to get off.
1986 ASCMclaren #108
86capriasc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also really like that hood bulge you have on your car. I have been looking for you like it to put on mine. You don't happen to know were one is laying around at do you?
1986 ASCMclaren #108
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

86capriasc wrote:
I also really like that hood bulge you have on your car. I have been looking for you like it to put on mine. You don't happen to know were one is laying around at do you?

If you have a nice straight hood, DO NOT DRILL it for ANYTHING!

Capri hoods (straight unmolested) ones are getting super super tough to locate. I mean, there really REALLY hard to find!

And what's the matter with the asc orange wheels? Totally unique and you can get those redone for about $150 or so per wheel last time I checked. I had Hank do mine and they are absolutely stunning!

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
tfs2121

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh no i need a new hood! i better start looking
toddf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Very nice car.
Rims are a great match.
Wanna sell????
86capriasc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, yeah, I know. LOL. I have a spare hood. Remember i already have a scoop on my car. I do like the original wheels they just need to be refinished. I also really like my other wheels and they are 17's. I do not have $600.00 laying around to get the originals refinished, but I do have a pint of matching blue paint that I will be using on the new wheels.

I also need new tires for the orginals and I have a set of 17's for the other rims.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the original look of the car but rather make it my own.

The original rims will someday be refinished and placed back on the car just like all the other factory pieces I have saved from the car. As for right now though, I drive my car a lot so I would like it to be mine. There is no way to hide what the car really is so I think a few changes with good taste will not bastardize the car.

Thanks,
Mike
1986 ASCMclaren #108
capriman86

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha....nope not for sale! LOL

As far as the scoop, watch evilbay, I have seen a few in the past month for under 100 shipped.

As for the aircraft stripper, I had worse luck leaving stuff in the sun as the
stripper would dry out, then the paint restuck itself.

I would HEAVY goop it on with a brush and then keep the wheel cool and in the shade. Let it soak for at least 15 min, come back and check it out.
asc4life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one sweet car you have....good job
86capriasc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

capriman86, I just got my wheels and tires on tonight. I installed my 21t gear and tested it against my Gps. I seem to be running 2-3 miles an hour slow with my speedo at 45.

GPS says 47 when my speedo reads 45. Have you every checked yours to see how accurate it is?

The old gear I took out was really chewed up. I think it was a 23t gear to make up for the smaller 22/50/15 tires.

Now my rear tires are 245/45/17. What is the stock mustang and capri recommended size? I may have to pull the gear back out and see what gear I have inside the trans. I believe it should be a 7t though.
1986 ASCMclaren #108
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: