Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Location: Northern New Jersey GSP Exit 148
|Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:42 pm Post subject: UPDATED BUILD WAYS & MEANS
|This updates the below...
HERE'S HOW THEY ROLLED OFF OF THE FORD ASSEMBLY LINE !
* Ford Mustang LX 2-Door Sedan
* If Blue Interior was selected, the exterior of the car was painted Oxford
White. If ANY other interior color was selected, the exterior of the car
was painted Raven Black.
* 302 V-8
* DELETE Standard (LX) Bodyside Pin Stripe
* Install GT Articulated Bucket Seats - Cloth Covered
* Install Thunderbird Headrests in vinyl - Stationary, Not adjustable
* Install Mustang T-Top Doors (X-Cept 1990, got Conv't. Doors)
* Install Custom Door Glass - Tinted
* Install Mustang Convertible Seat/Shoulder Belt Assembly
* Install Mustang GT Mufflers
* Install Mustang Convertible Rear View Mirror with Dual Courtesy Lamps
* Install Mustang GT interior door panels (upper 1/2) that came with units from Ford when Leather was ordered.
* OMIT headliner, Interior Window Frame Mouldings, X-cept W'Shield Moulding
* Toss into trunk Convertible-Cut Carpeting, rolled & taped
* OMIT all exterior window frame mouldings, except windshield.
* OMIT Dome Light and wiring & related hardware.
* OMIT Rear Seat, Rear Seat Belts & Rear Seat area Quarter Panels.
* OMIT Rear Seat Package Shelf
* OMIT All exterior Nameplates & Emblems
* Include in Trunk Mustang Convertible Sun Visors
* OMIT Deck Lid Lock. Cover hole with tape.
* Place Carpet & Sun Visors into trunk & secure trunk lid with packaging
*OMIT Rear Window Exterior & Interior Finishing Mouldings
* Customer's Choice of 4-Speed Automatic -OR- 5-Speed Manual
* All Mules were ordered with Code D32 (the ascMcLaren Code) that
Fleet Only Tinted Windshield
Power Door Locks
Am Fm Stereo with Cassette Tape Player
Dual Elecrtric Exterior Mirrors (1989/1990) ( A VERY few 1988s, at the end have been found with Dual Electric Exterior Mirrors)
Tilt Steering Wheel (N.A. on 1990 - Due to Air Bag)
Power Trunk Release
130 Amp. Alternator from Lestek of Texas
Heavy Duty Internal Rocker Panels
Convertible Reinforced Floor Pan
All of the above, were performed ON the Ford Assembly Line, SO,
Make a copy of this & keep in your glove box, to show those who
will insist that our cars are AFTERMARKET, and had nothing to do with
Sandy passed away in 2012. He will be forever missed.
1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.