ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prayers please RIP Dad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASCMCLRN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Prayers please RIP Dad Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

It's been awhile since I had visited this site. I've been so consumed with my own health problems as well as my fathers. Unfortunately my fathers battle with cancer has finally come to an end. If you could please keep my family in your prayers I would greatly appreciate it. It is so so hard trying to cope with this. Thank you so much and God Bless.

Nicholas
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick, I understand. If you've read my posts for any amount of time, you'll know that I am engaged in the same battle, for the same reason.
So far, I am winning - but down deep in my brain, I know that in the end, I will lose. It's just how much time between today and the end.

The process takes time. It cannot be rushed. I still think of & yes, mourn my own parents who passed away in 1985 & 1995. The pain lightens and fades - the sadness is forever. YOU are not alone, every person has this burden to carry. Some sooner, others later.

Sandy

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
ASCMCLRN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy thank you so much for responding. I know we all have to go sometime. My father was very healthy aside of obesity, few years ago diagnosed with diabetes then just last year the cancer. Up until a few months ago we did not know how severe the cancer was. They told us it was stage four, then the news kept getting worse. Chemo does not help, he could not get radiation cause it was wrapped around his aorta and some nerve endings. My father did not want to go. When they told him he had 6 months to 2 years left he said to the Doctor well I already beat the six months and he didn't plan on going anywhere. The past month or two he was so afraid to die that he did not want to be left alone. He would not let my mother leave his side. Everyday is a precious gift for sure. God Bless.

Nicholas
ASCMCLRN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike thanks so much. Hope all is well.

Nicholas
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do our prayers are with you! Smile
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
n20capri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

I'm sorry for your loss; you and your family are definitely in my prayers! Take care buddy!
86 AscMcLaren Capri Coupe - #026 | 11.4@118 | 290/322
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicholas, I too was Stage 4, on October 8th 2007. I had 3+ hours of surgery, to re-route my decending colon and cut out 10 inches that were cancer infected. Since Feb. 3rd 2008 I have had Chemo 2 times a month. I have had in excess of 1600 hours of chemo. This past April 8th I was declaired 100 percent cancer free.
But, it is known tio come back, in the future at a "who knows when" point and the 2nd time around it almost always "wins" - now I am on Chemo-Maintenance program, of 1 time a month. TODAY is that day, so i'll be offa here from noon 'til 5PM.
Being overweight is much more serious than I ever imagined. The survival percentage greatly deminishes under the body's stress of the additional weight. I was 263, at my worst, just prior to the surgery, I had dropped to 197, this due to the cancer. No, I have stabilized to 233 where I WILL STAY !
New Jersey here has just about the largest # of reported cases. NY, NJ and Pensy reign at the top.
It's all such a pity. I see many in their 20s (especially girls!!!) being treated. I saw a young man of like 30 years old UNable to stand up any longer, in wheelchair coming in for treatment.
The brain has ALOT to do with it. All alonge i've kep a positive mind and felt I would beat it. I won "Round One" I am now 62. This began at 59.
I'm off - right now - to the hospital for my July infusion.
Your dad does not have to suffer any longer. When there is no hope, it's better to quitely slip away, for that is no life, to lay in sufffering & fear.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Prayers please RIP Dad Reply with quote

ASCMCLRN wrote:
Hello everyone,

It's been awhile since I had visited this site. I've been so consumed with my own health problems as well as my fathers. Unfortunately my fathers battle with cancer has finally come to an end. If you could please keep my family in your prayers I would greatly appreciate it. It is so so hard trying to cope with this. Thank you so much and God Bless.

Nicholas

Sorry to hear about your father. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cancer took my father in '01 at the young age of 59. Its hard to get over losing someone who was taken before their time. He never got to enjoy any kind of retirement. as the old adage goes - life isn't fair....

Hopefully someday we can find a cure or a better treatment for this devasting illness.
1988 ASC McLaren #688
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: