ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT but I think most of us here will find it worth looking at
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n20capri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
Windviel Blue with White Stripe Type II Package. I think I'll buy it and drive it the 8 miles home and put it away, and then forget I did that. I'll go lOOking for it in....oh, say..... 12 years or so.... Laughing

Actually, it ain't fair that it only comes in a stick!
I now have a bad (actually weak) left leg, and a clutch
would be outta the question at this point. Why couldn't they
offer a 5-Speed Automatic ?? The 426 HP SRT-8 300C has an Auto,
the Corvette & GTO have Automatics....... What's the big deal ??

You might be able to get an 04 Mach 1 still...you can get them with an auto...
86 AscMcLaren Capri Coupe - #026 | 11.4@118 | 290/322
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Album
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do Sonic BLue and Windviel Blue Stripes.

Then I would take it home and paint the stripes orange Very Happy

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
bryan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustang marty wrote:

For me, I am glad they didn't over scoop it.

I agreee completely.

Though I wish they would have done something similar to the Saleen on the rear end. You'd lose the super-retro chrome emblem, but I don't like how the license plate splits the rear bumper treatment on the stock cars. Of course, it's hard to nit pick when Shelby/Ford reunite to produce a close-to-500-hp Mustang.
'87 Guards Red ascMcLaren (#398)
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they had offered an automatic, someone on here mighta had an opportunity to buy one of my McLarens, for a lofty overpriced amount Laughing ~ but no automatic...4-get about it! On the other hand... I have some mixed emotions about the 2005, due to the involvement of Mazda, an Asian car company mixing in with Mustang. Sorta like putting ketchup on your cereal ! Crying or Very sad Part of me likes it & part of me is Furious

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
bryan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
If they had offered an automatic, someone on here mighta had an opportunity to buy one of my McLarens, for a lofty overpriced amount Laughing ~ but no automatic...4-get about it! On the other hand... I have some mixed emotions about the 2005, due to the involvement of Mazda, an Asian car company mixing in with Mustang. Sorta like putting ketchup on your cereal ! Crying or Very sad Part of me likes it & part of me is Furious

Yeah, I try not to think about it. Confused Like it or not, we'll continue to see a lot more of that between Ford/Mazda/Volvo, etc.

My bigger concern is that the retro design will get old for me after awhile. Part of me likes it, part of me thinks it's a bit over the top. I'm torn.
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you stand back & think about it, the original design it uses for styling cues (1967/1968) was not the huge instant smash hit. (Well, I was there in 1967). It was only after time, in retrospect that the design became super sought after! Purists were angry that the original design was altered (1964-1966) and many stayed out of the showrooms. But, later when the "bloated" 1970-1973s were out there, folks were turning to low mileage mint 1968s and that's when they began to really get popular. After the Mustang II appeared for 1974, all "H" broke loose for the 1964-1969 versions. Also, think about it....the most popular Shelby version WAS the 1967, so THAT would be THE car they'd re-create.
Those in the know, know that this is only the 2nd recreation and/or special series {model} in a forthcoming long(ish) line of "Specials" ~ Last year's MACH I kicking it off ..... There's another one coming that I cannot talk about that's gonna totally blow 'ya over. You will not believe your eyes !! Need Pictures

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
ASCMCLRN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:

The Mustang is for the first time in its history on it's own (not shared)chasis. It is only being built at the American location were Mazda's are built, not sharing Mazda platforms. Gees I am getting flashbacks of '88 when the Probe platform was rumored to take over the Stang. Hey any KR editions coming?

-Nick

PS On another note when are you locals going to the Javits Center? Maybe I will see some of you there. I will wear something ASC Mclaren. Smile
bryan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh... Sandy, the suspense will kill us now. Crying or Very sad
ASCMCLRN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy you mean the Boss edition they promised us?

-Nick
tfs2121

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASCMCLRN wrote:
Hey any KR editions coming?

i dont see the need for a "King of the Road" edition... the GT500 should do just fine on er owen

i found it funny how in the artical they say they based this car off the 68... shelby didnt do the 68 and 69 70 (70 was carry over for 69) shelby mustangs... this is actuly exactly why the 67 GT500 is the most wanted shelby mustang. true shelby lovers see it as the last one that he made... but me im in love with the 68 GT500 KR convertable
ASCMCLRN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tfs2121 wrote:
ASCMCLRN wrote:
Hey any KR editions coming?

i dont see the need for a "King of the Road" edition... the GT500 should do just fine on er owen

i found it funny how in the artical they say they based this car off the 68... shelby didnt do the 68 and 69 70 (70 was carry over for 69) shelby mustangs... this is actuly exactly why the 67 GT500 is the most wanted shelby mustang. true shelby lovers see it as the last one that he made... but me im in love with the 68 GT500 KR convertable

Well I like to settle for the best, I'll be looking for a KR. Wink With the new Vettes pushing 6.0L monsters and Vipers 8.3L maybe some more cubes for it. Also what made these cars were his name, the fact they are Mustangs, and what was behind them otherwise the CSX would be an awesome investment. I love all the Stangs Shebly's, C/S, Boss, Mach's etc...

Oh real quickly on that note rather then make a new post and go off topic again please check out a different kind of shelby for sale: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4536550900&category=6210.

-Nick
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASCMCLRN wrote:
Oh real quickly on that note rather then make a new post and go off topic again please check out a different kind of shelby for sale: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4536550900&category=6210.

-Nick

Sorry, but I refuse to acknowledge that car's existance. I will now put my hands over my ears and yell "NANANANANNANANANANAN BABABABABABBA"

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
75coug

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lump me in with the folks who want an automatic. That's the only thing that would keep me from buying one.

I had my 1997 Cobra for around three years, and got rid of it because (among other things) it made me crazy to have the manual transmission in a car that I drove in heavy traffic all the time.

By 2003, I became interested in another Cobra, as the 10th Anniversary package (and in particular the supercool gray wheels that came on it) appealed to me greatly. My wife reminded me that I would get sick of it, and encouraged me to get a Mach 1 with an automatic instead. Like the fool that I am, I would not listen and bought the Cobra.

Now here I am, a couple of years later, sick and tired of the stick shift, and ready to list the Cobra on autotrader.com. I hereby declare that I have learned my lesson, and no matter how cool or how fast the new Shelby is, I will not own one unless is becomes available with an automatic.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: