ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1987 pics added to album

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: 1987 pics added to album Reply with quote

I just posted pics of my car (#398). Does anybody else's 87-93 have that worthless FoMoCo power top button?

The only modifications I've made are adding a Maximum Motorsports strut tower brace (thanks for the recommendation from a fellow poster - sorry I forgot your name), a 2.5" Dynomax Super Turbo catback system and an alarm. I'm very happy with the exhaust. It's quiet enough to be civilized, but it has a nice throaty rumble under load.

This car supposedly has 43K on it (CarFax and my trusted mechanic indicate it's probably accurate), and spent most of its life in Florida. But the power top button makes me suspicious of the mileage. I suppose a previous owner could have swapped the entire instrument cluster enclosure.

The car's paint and interior are in excellent condition. I'm not a big fan of the gold decal package, and I'd certainly prefer stock appearance. I'd take the decals off, but I'm afraid the exposed paint may have faded slightly.

The car has a few VERY minor chips, a small tear along one of the angled patterns on the driver's-side seat back, and The stock premium sound system head unit is missing. But all of these things are on my to-do list!

Take care,

Bryan
'87 Guards Red ascMcLaren (#398)
bryan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and I obviously meant "87-90 owners," not 93 ; )
'87 Guards Red ascMcLaren (#398)
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked at pics, Bryan. Car looks pretty good. I too prefer "Stock" ~ but I don't find those stripes really too offensive at all. BUT....the TOP button!!! I just could not picture it. It's VERY wrong. He's why...
That posistion button could have been for 3 things:
1. Top Button on a convertible
2. Rear Electric Defroster On/Off button when so equipped
3. BLANK on cars without the optional Electric Rr. Defroster.

ALL ascMcLarens were ordered WITHOUT the Elec. Rr. Defroster, as the top was being cut off, anyhow. therefore, in all McLarens, that button is BLANK, and the "Push" is stationary, in that there is nothing pushABLE.

Somewhere along the line something was changed there. I'd be more prone to believe a button marked RR. DEF. just figuring one slipped thru WITH the Rr. Def. But they could NOT make the car you have, on a convertible base car. It HAD to be a 2-Door Sedan, with a Trunk/Trunk Lid.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: