ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sports Cars to Saline (Michigan) car show June 20, 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChuckG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Sports Cars to Saline (Michigan) car show June 20, 2010 Reply with quote

Just back from another meeting. Looks like it'll be 10-4-ish, $15 pre-register/ $20 day-of.

Trophies for Best in Class, People's Choice, Mayor's Choice.

More info will be posted at http://www.huronvalleycorvetteclub.org/

Two-seaters only at this show, but there is a Muscle car show in the same location later in the Summer for the Coupes, SVOs, etc.
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you do? Show anything ??

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
ChuckG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take my Vette, but I never enter. It's a driver, although I do win Gold at other events. The Best in Class will probably put ASCs up against T-Birds, Corvettes, & Cobras as "American Sports Cars"

This is low on the awards show scale, but high on the cute little downtown show scale. It's a nice little town that could easily be on Route 66 in the 1930s.

Actually, it's on US-12, the old "Chicago Road" that was the main vein between Detroit & Chicago until I-94 opened during the war, our own little Route 66.

About 80% of the way down the page is the Saline show. Mine is the bronze C4 Vette.

http://www.huronvalleycorvetteclub.org/2009CarEvents.html
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I breezed thru it all, as I am late to go to the hospital for my dissconect. I'll have a looooong wait. I think I saw your Corvette, but not too sure. Way to many cars to comment on, and alot of rare ones. I get excited over rare cars. I am not too into antiques ... but this one knocked my socks off!

http://www.huronvalleycorvetteclub.org/Social_Photos/Campbell%20071.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Is your face among the crowd? I wish, if so, you'd guide us to see whom you be Smile
Sandy
I am trying to watch the Toyopet trils on TV - eat lunch, look at this site, and get to the hospital. I am failing/ gotta go

Kentennis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, That gorgeous old Phaeton makes my mouth water. There's a gentleman in Tarpon Springs, owns Classic Corvettes and Restorations. Charges to get in his showroom just to keep the Riff-Raff out, I guess.

The wife and I have been privileged to go thru his personal collection, at his home. The last building he took us in he called, "His Museum Collection." They were all old, all immaculate and each worth a million or more. He gives a tour once a month to a select car club/car group. He had over 145 vehicles in his private collection. We were on a 'Mystery trip. with the Corvette Club and I didn't take a camera. He auctioned off almost everything in 2007 but, again, I didn't find out about it till it was over. He had some gorgeous iron. His name is Al Wiseman and the auction results should be on the internet somewhere.

I found the site. It appears he auctioned off almost his entire collection. He auctioned off all kinds of items. Bikes, cars motorcycles, antiques and the trailers he used to go from auction to auction. Wonder why?
ChuckG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
I breezed thru it all, as I am late to go to the hospital for my dissconect. I'll have a looooong wait. I think I saw your Corvette, but not too sure. Way to many cars to comment on, and alot of rare ones. I get excited over rare cars. I am not too into antiques ... but this one knocked my socks off!

http://www.huronvalleycorvetteclub.org/Social_Photos/Campbell%20071.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Is your face among the crowd? I wish, if so, you'd guide us to see whom you be Smile
Sandy
I am trying to watch the Toyopet trils on TV - eat lunch, look at this site, and get to the hospital. I am failing/ gotta go

Good luck with treatment. I know it's grueling.

I'm not in too many of the photos, maybe the Christmas party. I don't like having my picture taken.

The club is VERY active. Lots of weekly ice cream runs, shows, etc. You know up here in the Frozen North, we have to squeeze all our car stuff into about four months.
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"" Good luck with treatment. I know it's grueling. ""

Thanks - but today was just the disconect from the "at-home" Chemo-pump. It takes 20 minutes to get there, and 5 minutes for the disconect....BUT about an hour OR MORE to get INTO the disconect area - better known as "Short Stay" (I call it Long Wait- for Short Stay Laughing

Now I am done for 14 days. It gets to be so much a part of one's life, that you just accept it, do it, and move on. BUT sometimes (not always) but sometimes, I get REALLY sick-feeling 30 hours AFTER the at home disconnect and then THAT lasts for like 3 to 3 & 1/2 days. That's the bad part. But I have learned IF IF IF you stay calm, and relaxed, you have a better chance of not getting ill after the at home chemo bottle is removed.

14 to 16 inces of snow is coming to NY NJ I HATE SNOW. I have to pay to have it removed. It's $100.00 each time !! Evil or Very Mad

ChuckG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
"" Good luck with treatment. I know it's grueling. ""

Thanks - but today was just the disconect from the "at-home" Chemo-pump. It takes 20 minutes to get there, and 5 minutes for the disconect....BUT about an hour OR MORE to get INTO the disconect area - better known as "Short Stay" (I call it Long Wait- for Short Stay Laughing

Now I am done for 14 days. It gets to be so much a part of one's life, that you just accept it, do it, and move on. BUT sometimes (not always) but sometimes, I get REALLY sick-feeling 30 hours AFTER the at home disconnect and then THAT lasts for like 3 to 3 & 1/2 days. That's the bad part. But I have learned IF IF IF you stay calm, and relaxed, you have a better chance of not getting ill after the at home chemo bottle is removed.

14 to 16 inces of snow is coming to NY NJ I HATE SNOW. I have to pay to have it removed. It's $100.00 each time !! Evil or Very Mad

I guess it's good they have such treatments. I lost a friend Valentine's Day and he outlived the doctor's guess by a couple years. Amazing with what they can do. Another friend's two year-old is cancer-free after six months of intense treatment that had it started a month later, would've been useless.

If we're supposed to be the cause of Global Warming (you know, though our control of solar radiation), then shouldn't we drive more to warm things up???
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 years old? My God, that's awful.
My colon cancer was given to me.....by me!
People ask if I have any idea HOW I got it, and I tell them from FEAR.
(They look at me funny.)
I was a hospital virgen, an illness virgin and I did not want to get a colonoscopy, as i was terrified of it.
Little did I know (I felt 100% perfect) that I had a small pollyp growing in my decending colon. It grew & grew & grew and turned cancerous.
Ill skip the gorry details, but wound up in a 3 hour & 7 minute surgery to remove 7 inches of desending colon and re-route the plumbing. I had the finest Doctor i had ever met. Old school fatherly type a lovely human being. He too super care of me, but then I had to enter cancer care.

To daye, i havehad 1,800 hours of chemo infusions. I went from
stage 4 (THE WORST) to the present 98 % CLEAN with 2% remaining.
When i get to zero percent remaining I'll go onto 1 time a month.
I will stay there .... at one time a month, probably 4-ever.

ChuckG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As men, I think we're all slack on detection and prevention. Most of my friends would have to have a bone protruding to admit they need to see a doctor.

Did you know prostate cancer is about 10x more prevalent than breast cancer (and not cause by estrogen replacement as is much cancerous breast lumps), but receives 100x LESS funding? Why? Men don't make the same fuss--or even know until it's too late.

As you've found, early detection makes a world of difference. It still sucks, but better odds make it a bit easier to make the tough choices.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChuckG wrote:
Did you know prostate cancer is about 10x more prevalent than breast cancer (and not cause by estrogen replacement as is much cancerous breast lumps), but receives 100x LESS funding? Why?

Because "Save the Ta-tas" is a better slogan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Kentennis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tata? Isn't that an Indian Automobile Company?
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is....and 'ya gotta get a hello to their headlights !! Ta Tas Idea Idea

ChuckG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Sports Cars to Saline Michigan Father's day June 20th, Reply with quote

The registration form is up at www.huronvalleycorvetteclub.org and www.salinedma.org It's $15 before June 13--$25 day of--IF there's room left.

Only open to two-seaters, so Coupes are relegated to the Muscle Car show a few weeks later. Not my call, but thems the rules.
trev0006

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Sports Cars to Saline (Michigan) car show June 20, 2010 Reply with quote

Thats, will check it out.

ChuckG wrote:
Just back from another meeting. Looks like it'll be 10-4-ish, $15 pre-register/ $20 day-of.

Trophies for Best in Class, People's Choice, Mayor's Choice.

More info will be posted at http://www.huronvalleycorvetteclub.org/tirescars

Two-seaters only at this show, but there is a Muscle car show in the same location later in the Summer for the Coupes, SVOs, etc. Audi tires Acura tires BMW tires Buick tires Cadillac tires Chevrolet tires Dodge tires Ford tires GMC tires Honda tires Infiniti tires Isuzu tires Jaguar tires Jeep tires Kia tires Land Rover tires Lexus tires Lincoln tires Mazda tires Mercedes Benz tires Mitsubishi tires Nissan tires Oldsmobile tires Plymouth tires Pontiac tires Porsche tires Saab tires Saturn tires Subaru tires Toyota tires VW tires Volvo tires

Audi wheels Acura wheels BMW wheels Buick wheels Cadillac wheels Chevrolet wheels Dodge wheels Ford wheels GMC wheels Honda wheels Infiniti wheels Isuzu wheels Jaguar wheels Jeep wheels Kia wheels Land Rover wheels Lexus wheels Lincoln wheels Mazda wheels Mercedes Benz wheels Mitsubishi wheels Nissan wheels Oldsmobile wheels Plymouth wheels Pontiac wheels Porsche wheels Saab wheels Saturn wheels Subaru wheels Toyota wheels VW wheels Volvo wheels wheels
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: