ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is everybody?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plumkrazy wrote:
Sandy wrote:
[b]I am too. Figuring, perhaps, I will not be around in Summer 2011, I have dedcided to take everybody out to a car show and SHOW them by entering.

First off DO NOT THINK THAT WAY!!!

Second Then Maybe just Maybe you and the wife should consider a LONG drive to MI. Smile I know there are many people that would LOVE to MEET you and the wife. And/or See one of your cars. PLus if we Get a Reunion going it would really be something if you made it. Plus have you ever seen a Capri Grand Prix in person Question

Ditto! Sandy, it would be great to meet you in person and see your cars. Maybe Eastern Ohio/Western PA so you didn't have to drive so far??? All those Michigan people can come down to God's country for a car show somewhere!!! lol.
1988 ASC McLaren #688
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't drive that long / far. I get too tired. BTW, I was never a good loooog distance driver, even at age 20. My car ride to college was 1 hours & 10 minutes, and when I arrived....I was pooped !
Perhaps in the mid-west where there are not crazy drivers, looking for blood, it's more relaxing, but here, in New Jersey drivers are like crazy people going to a fire, and having to get to a bathroom 10 minute ago, with a tail wind, being chased by police! Switching lanes to gain an advantage and gain 1 car length is THE State Sport.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
Kentennis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting to where long drives get to me. Leg pain/cramps/charley horses. Used to love to drive. Would leave Florida at 6AM and be in Michigan in 20 hours. Straight thru. No longer!

Getting old 'Ain't for Sissies.'

One thing I love is these morons that move down here from up north, have no where to be, no schedule that MUST be followed and then drive like the Devil is chasing them. Can't seem to break that old 'gotta set a new record time for getting there' habit. I drive the speed limit or up 5 over and those morons zoom in and out of traffic trying to gain an advantage . And then you pull up next to them at the next red light!!
tfs2121

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:

I am too. Figuring, perhaps, I will not be around in Summer 2011

SANDY! shut up!
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, those are the folks from here, New Jersey ! Wave to them with one finger !!

Pete, my Dr. is informed me that he is turning up the juice. I was not able to beat outta him the why of why.... so....I am depressed, but I feel like a million bucks, so it's very confusing.

I am going in 10 days for a Cat Scan (again) and maybe then I can get some idea about what the heck is behind this turning up the juice.

Yes, i am scared. The last 3 Scans show 98.5% totally clean, so maybe he is trying to hit a home run. I have been at 98.5% since April 6 of 2009, a year now. that last 1.5% is stubborn. Few people have made it from where I WAS to where I AM. But, I still want that 100% - cause then I can go on ONE infusion a month, instead of 2.
This is like winning the lottery, trust me.

Kentennis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, I have found that I cannot text and drive down here. I need both hands free for 'gestures.'

Doctors know best. You have been thru a sh*t load of treatment. But we want you to stay with us for a long time.

Everyday I thank God that I've only bot minor health problems. Right now the wife is awaiting results from a sonogram of her insides to locate the source of a constany pain. From what I've read, she probably has a gall bladder problem and, after reading the things she shouldn't eat, I know why. If she likes it, it's on the 'do not eat' list. If it's green and healthy, she doesn't like it.
Rainmanoly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching the Draft! Lol
Work has been really crazy. I haven't had a day off, going on three weeks now! Sad

1989 ascMcLaren convertible, 5-speed
(The only Hot Yellow car built in '89)
capri50asc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: YOU CAN DO IT! SANDY! Reply with quote

Sandy

Keep being positive . Go beyond your self! I drove my Capri up to the old location in Livonia Michigan ; 34165 Autry Ave. This is were ASC Mclaren converted our cars. I will travel back there this week with my camera and put a couple of pictures on the site. Sandy I was thinking about you there.

Sandy be strong, we all think the world of you and when it gets tough the good Lord will carry you in his arms! Lets get that 100%

IT CAN BE DONE!

Chris
'86 vert #0082
'86 Capri 5.0 Liter
'73 Cougar
''10 Ford Fusion
'07 Honda Ridgline

Smile
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE YA ALL. THANKS, STRAIGHT FROM MY HEART
i HAVE BEEN OFF COMPUTER ALL DAY AS OUR SON NEEDS IT FOR A LAW PROJECT. I WILL BE BACK TOMORROW AM. PEACE. Good Job

ProTouringASC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep hanging in there Sandy... You're in our thoughts and prayers my friend!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, back on the computer!

'Ya see, from going to the CCU (Cancer Care Unit) 2x@ month, we the people get to know one & other, and we talk about our different doctors, our treatments, etc, etc. We know one & other's names, and where rthey live and and and....
Suddenly Mr. X is a "no show" ~ Okay, maybe he is sick with a cold or sore throat..... But 2 weeks later, he is not there, once again, after another missed visit, we the people learn that he died, 12 days ago.
....... and so it goes, perhaps in another 3 weeks, Mrs. M will be a No-Show, and then like 3 weeks later we the people will learn she is no longer with us.
These people (us) see one & other every other week, and have been doing so, (well, speaking for me) for 2 years & 2 months. We talk.
We are friendly, we all have the same problem. We compare "notes" ~
Then, suddenly someone leaves us.
It raises all heck with your ability to stay positive.
Some people will not talk to me. Why? I was admitted with Stage 4. Stage 4 is THE worst. Most Stage 4 people live a month, maybe 2.
I went from Stage 4 to 98.5% CLEAN. Others with Stage 2 are still fighting to get to Stage 1 after 3 or 4 years! I went from Stage 4 to 98.5% in 26 months, so ... ya, they are unfriendly to me. I understand.

So, the long & the short of it all is just when ya feeling good and things are under control, you lose a friend, a warror fighting the same battle as I am, and he got beaten. It yanks ya back to reality, and sends ya right to the depression arena.
I am okay, today.

May 2 is my 1st car show. I can't wait.
Anybody here from New Jersey, it's in WESTFIELD, at the train station Parking Area.
There will be an exhibition of Maserati, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Alpha Romeo,and other Italian cars. From 2010 back to the earliest one that comes. It's not a group that would appreciatw our cars, so I will be taking my wife's Cherokee Limited 4X4 (and the wife!)

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/565/421/images/2010/4/22/278/065/15742282692.278065554.IM1.03.565x421_A.565x378.jpg

tfs2121

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: YOU CAN DO IT! SANDY! Reply with quote

capri50asc wrote:
I drove my Capri up to the old location in Livonia Michigan ; 34165 Autry Ave. This is were ASC Mclaren converted our cars. I will travel back there this week with my camera and put a couple of pictures on the site.

http://www.ascmclaren.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2175&highlight=autry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: