ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Knott's Berry Farm car show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BRYAN ROGERS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Knott's Berry Farm car show Reply with quote

I went to the Fabulous Fords show today at Knott's Berry Farm.

I saw
1 red Capri vert (owned by a gal named Olivia).
1 white 88? with white Cobra R wheels.
1 blue 88? stock with blue interior.

I can't wait till mine is finished. After seeing those cars today, I am really excited to do a custom interior and engine.

I just don't like the way the interiors look on these cars. The only ones I've seen that I really liked was red with grey interior (1539) posted on the website and blue with tan (954) also posted on the website.

It just needs to have a sporty feel to it. I'm not talking about a monster tach and some Fast n Furious floor mats from Pep Boys. I'm talking about some really bitchin seats and a killer interior. Maybe a dual hoop roll bar nestled up close to the seat backs or something. I'm still wotking on the body and paint deal right now, so everything is up in the air till thats done.
'95 Cobra.
'07 Kawasaki Z1000.
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea behind the 1984-1990 converts, that is, the target, the copied car if you will, was the Mercedes SL 2-seat roadster. The identical stlye roof and operating tonneau. With that in mind, they also kept the appearance of the interior very restrained. and without roll bars or "killer seats" or whatever else. They did go a bit further with the 1984 & 1985 Capris with the custom armrest, and recaro seats.
The car was never thought to be marketed as a all out performance car, but rather a boulvard cruiser that was unique and a copy car appearance to the SL Roadster, they even named the Capri version, the SC Roadster

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
svo413

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: First show for the 85 Reply with quote

I was nice to have so many people recognize my wife's 85 at the Knotts show. It made the 400 miles ride each way worth it. The tough part about the whole show trip was not drive or preping the car for the show but believe it not it was "which class to put it in?". A call to the show organizers didn't help any.

We didn't want to offend the Mustangs by putting it the signature class, forget about the 3rd gen Mustang class so we defaulted to the Mercury class. When we arrived, she was directed to the signature class. Since it was only about 20 cars from mine that's where she stayed.

If I recall all the conversations, there were 3-4 more in the area that could have come to the show.
85 ASC Vert #612205
88 ASC Vert #542 20,550 miles
84 SVO 24,000 miles, 84 GT Turbo Vert.
03 Mach I, 89 LX Vert, 74 Mustang II
14 CA Special, 69 Mustang coupe, 07 GT500
67 T-bird, 15 F150 Tuscany, 16 F250
dahberg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Knott's Berry Reply with quote

Yeah, I really wanted to enter my '85 vert, but was disappointed with the various class divisions and figured no one there would appreciate our vehicles. The Mercury class offered little hope for any recognition. Had I known in advance some other McLaren's would be there I would have put a little more effort in registering for the show! Sad Sorry I missed seeing those whom did attend. Even the Southern California Capri Club lacks a classification or entry for the McLaren!

I do have plans to attend and enter the SAAC-30 at Fontana Speedway July 1-3 (thanks to my brother and his influence Wink ). Hope to see a few other Mclaren's, but as I recall from a few years ago, there was only one McLaren at the last SAAC held at the Fontana Speedway. It was for sale and not entered in any of the shows!
5LiterMustang

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a great time at the show

I was a little dissappointed in the lack of Fox Capri's, but i was impressed with how many SVO's showed up.

BRIAN, were you showing your cobra? I dont remember seeing it.
1988 ASC/McLaren Mustang
BRYAN ROGERS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I'm not much of a car show guy. I went to the show mostly to network with some of the magazine guys. It paid off. I did an install article last week with 5.0&S.F. on one of our new 4.6 intake plenums.

I was there with my dad too.

I really liked the Lincolns that were there. I sold mine that morning.

I know this might sound a little ...I don't know paranoid???? But I refuse to go to a show like Knotts and leave my Cobra in the parking lot across the street at the mall. It's too easy for a guy to come by and pop off my $100 a peice (if you can find them) hubcaps, or my tail light lenses(probably not going to find real ones at any price).

I know this sounds bad, but IMO, the typical Mustang enthusiast is a younger kind of guy who may not have the appreciation or respect to pass up a chance at snatching some rare real 93 Cobra parts if the car is buried in a parking lot somewhere. I just make sure he doesn't have a chance by leaving mine at home.
'95 Cobra.
'07 Kawasaki Z1000.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: