ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1990 Piranha Mustang Convertible #12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> WELCOME!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piranhastang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: 1990 Piranha Mustang Convertible #12 Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Everyone.I am new to the Site.Figured I have been a Mustang and Mclaren fan for a long time,should probably join a site where the knowledge is.Anyways,I recently puchased a 90 Piranha Mustang convertible.A rare car to say the least. It is # 12 according to the dash plaque.I am trying to find out more info and authenticate the car properly.If anyone on here knows anything about the car or anything about the creators,Ron Cayce and Larry Flick Jr please throw me a line.Any info and help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke via telephone to Ron, but it was decades ago.
Try to locate him. He is a nice guy and will answer all of your questions.

I have an old phone # of 313-397-0811

The conversion costs $10,912.00 for manual hood and $12,177,00 for power opening hod.
On top of the Mustang YOU supply him!

all I have. Try area code 313 or do a national search

good luck & LET US KNOW.

SANDY

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
darkhorse40

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.... is ypur car power or manual, and do you have pics to post?

1991 black on black on black 4 seater
1984 #43 Dark Jade Green
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 1000R
piranhastang

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Piranha Mustang Reply with quote

The hood on my car is manual.I will post some photos.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
tfs2121

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have seen ONE and only one ever. its in my album. 313 is a Detroit area code and when i say Detroit i mean Detroit NOT the suburbs. a long long time ago alot of people had a 313 or 810 area code now its... 313 810 248 734 947.....

the car was parked in a mall parking lot at the 1st ever orchard lake cruise about 4 or 5 years ago. never saw the owner.
piranhastang

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: piranha mustang convertible Reply with quote

Looks like my car,except mine was originally green ,now pearl white.I tried to post some photos but the computer said they were too large.I will crop them and get them on here as soon as i get a chance....thanks for the response.I know Ron Cayce (the Creator of the car)was from the Detroit area,but I have not been able to get in touch with him.I have tried the numbers I have been giving but they have all been disconnected.
jkgolden64

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:11 am    Post subject: Piranha Mustang Reply with quote

The car was originally designed by Dennis Flick Jr. and built in a shop off of Michigan Avenue, west of I-275. Dennis is related to the Alexander brothers, who were well known automotive customizers/designers and he now works at a California based Ford design studio.
The car was built on an original prototype car for the ASC McLaren Mustang convertible and was exhibited at the Detroit Auto Show in the lower level along with the aftermarket conversion vehicles. #1 was painted in Grabber Blue and #2 was black and owned by Paul (I forget his last name) who was Dennis's partner and also the bodywork and painting expert.
I drew the original assembly drawings by hand and helped make the mold for the hood.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> WELCOME! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: