ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'85 ASC McLaren Flooded Vert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ponydude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Marty. Kinda confirms what I suspected.
On another note for those of you who saw my car on ebay, a Mustang coupe (trunk car) deck lid fits with a few modifications as done by ASC. First they drilled two new holes in the forward most bolt holes about 1/2" above the existing holes. these holes must be fairly large to allow for adjustment. Also, the slots where the hinge arms slide in were elongated towards the rear approximately 3/4". Then they welded a plate over the inside lock cylinder hole and another plate over the ouside lock cylinder hole, which was filled and finished.
Just a little bit of information we learned since the decklid on mine was damaged beyond repair and I had a black one lying around.
'81 T-Top Coupe
2-'84 1/2 GT 350's 5.0 5speeds, 1 T-Top
'95 Mustang GTS
'83 Black Magic
ponydude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: '85 ASC McLaren flooded vert Reply with quote

We continue to progress on the restoration of the car. Motor and trans are out. Everything has now been removed from the car except the wiring harness. We have taken many pictures of changes that were made to the car at ASC. This has been a very interesting encounter with a very early Fox body "Tuner Car".
We estimate that we have removed approximately 150+ pounds of dried mud from the car. All it needs now is a careful hand cleaning and it will be ready to reassemble.
I'm really looking forward to driving it this spring, as there are no others like it around here.
'81 T-Top Coupe
'95 Mustang GTS
'83 Black Magic
ponydude

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: '85 Flooded Vert. Reply with quote

Just a quick update on this major project. We have begun reassembling the car, albeit one piece at a time. Everything was cleaned as we removed it, but all are being cleaned once or twice more.
Had to replace the carpet padding, but carpet will be reinstalled as it was. Motor has been replaced, but are installing everything necessary to get it running.
My goal is to reuse as many of the original parts (since this car was so original to start with) as possible and only replace what is absolutely necessary. I have purchased a few of the necessary items from Hank.
Sorry for rambling on, thanks for listening.
'81 T-Top Coupe
'95 Mustang GTS
'83 Black Magic
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need some pictures!

Sounds like its coming together.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
ponydude

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: "85 ASC McLaren Flooded Vert Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, Mike. I'll get some out as soon as the weather clears.
'81 T-Top Coupe
'95 Mustang GTS
'83 Black Magic
Sandy

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO, PONY !! The pride & joy of Hickory !

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
ponydude

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: '85 ASC McLaren Flooded Vert Reply with quote

You guys just don't know how much I appreciate the support from all of you. I have posted some progress pictures in the 85 Convertible album.
Thanks again.
'81 T-Top Coupe
'95 Mustang GTS
'83 Black Magic
dahberg

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Looking good dude! Won't be long and you will have that one looking and running better than my 85 vert. Wheels and paint look to be in decent shape, but then pictures can hide a lot of flaws. Hope to see this one all restored once you get done. Good luck! Glad to see this being brought back from the junk yard...
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO! GO! GO!

It's come quite a ways. Alot of work but I think in the end it's not going to be all that bad. At least you don't have to deal with a whole lot of missing/mismatched/broken parts like what's still on my car.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
ponydude

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: 85 ASC McLaren Flooded Vert Reply with quote

My plan, right now, is to get it all back together with parts as they were removed from the car (except clean) and drive it. Later I will look at a complete restoration as it came from ASC. Sandy had already told me that it may be 1 of 29 with the particular color combo.
'81 T-Top Coupe
'95 Mustang GTS
'83 Black Magic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: