ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Read

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Please Read Reply with quote

Tomorow, Wed. the 29th of June I am entering the hospital. I will be an out patient (I think), getting an MRI, and other tests, such as a cat scan and a colonosopy. I MIGHT be held over ?????

I THINK I will be home Sat & Sunday and back in on Monday AM, early, for my surgery. Big (4 Hour ) Surgery, All of my Cancer is in my liver. 75 percent of my liver will be cut out. 4 hour surgery. My Dr. asked my if I know how long the liver will take, to grow back? I said I had no idea!!

Anybody here ??

No ??

TEN DAYS !!!!!!!!!! and That liver will be 100% clean, no Cancer cells.
I will be cured. When I will be released, I have no idea. It's a big surgery.
I will off of here for a while. This is major surgery - but if it was anywhere else inside of me - I would be dead, allready. I am luckey
it's happy to stay in my liver - Any prayers, of any kind would be welcomed.

Needless to say, I will be off of here for some time. I do not know how long AFTER the surgery I will be kept in the hospital, so...I can't tell you.
When I get home, I will post.
I am very lucky it did not spread, and was happy to feast in my liver.
This ain't gonna be easy and I expect alot of pain from the incession. I am gonna be cut, quite large.
The alternative is risking it spreading.
Reason it took so long was my other (Cancer Dr.) had to get the leesons down to a certain cc - which we just reached 2 weeks ago.
You know that I will be back ASAP.
It all begins tomorrw at 2:45 with pre-surgery TESTING. I don't even know WHERE I will be sleeping, YET... tomorrow night !!Hospital or home ?
If I am not "ON HERE" tomorrow nite, you'll know where I am!!!

I took the silver McLaren & the Caddy for a ride today and put 'em away and disconnected their batterys, Also disconected Blue McLaren (after letting her run for 30 minutes, ditto the COUPE and the Town Car. The Town Car is still copnnected because it's a bear to disconnect !!! If it goes dead, I have 1 high output Charger. All are covered & in locked in Storage.
SOooooo that is my story, for now.
If all goes as xpected, I will be cancer-free and will have beat some terrible odds against me. Pray.

Sandy See 'ya all later...... Good Job I AM OUTTA HERE Burn Out

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be looking forward to hear from you after all is better

GOOD LUCK
bigzeke42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck Sandy
86ASCCoupe20

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A giant good luck to you, Sandy. Hope to hear more good news soon.
1986 ASC Mclaren coupe #20 of 114.
Black with gray interior and stripes.
65,227 miles. Pop up sunroof car.
302 5 speed.
75coug

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
capri50asc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Lets hit a HOME RUN Sandy! Reply with quote

Sandy

Its the bottom of the 9th and you're on 3rd base! The best batter is up to bat for YOU! Lets hit a HOME RUN.

WE WILL ROCK THE WORLD WITH PRAYER! YOU WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Chris!
hanksgt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
'89 ASC #176
'87 ASC #134
'85 GT
capriman86

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Sandy, now hurry up and let us know how your doing!
n20capri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Sandy!
86 AscMcLaren Capri Coupe - #026 | 11.4@118 | 290/322
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First: I read the above and you don'ty know how it lifted me outta the basement-of-worry.

Secondly... My insurance will NOT cover the procedure. It costs $165,000, yes that is correct. SOoooo, I have to wait until December 1 when I will be on Medicare, and they will pay about 90% of it. Great amount of worry lifted from my shoulders, but it's just all pushed back. So, between now & then, I will return to my semi-weekly chemo infusionsI am exhausted from tele. calls, and call back trying thru this weave of yes and / or no (s) and stop 'n go and wait and you have to see Mr. Bull Schit on the 3 Bang Head Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes rd floor in room 3123 (turns out to be a janitor closet) ~ this was yesterday.... Yes, I am tired. Really.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope the Lieberman and Coburn's plan push to push Medicare eligibility back 2 years to 67 doesn't go through by then.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
avmtdan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeeze you would think the more cost effective thing would be for them to get it out of you now and not have to use the chemo anymore. Good luck Sandy, we are all rooting for you.
87 ASC Mclaren Mustang #416
Kentennis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy: I just went thru a 'cancer scare'. Have a nagging cough and got real sick 9-10 days ago. They took xrays last Friday, called and said there was 'something on/in your lung.' had 2 CT scans Tuesday. Today they called. All clear. They did 1 of the scans with a dye going thru my system. I have no spots on my lungs, no blood vessel blockage. All is good EXCEPT for the Respiratory tract infection that I now have antibiotics for. 9 days after getting very sick!

A Republican 'friend' of mine has been grousing about the 'N****r in the White House' since 2010 and was really railing against Obama and his 'managed health care.' He doesn't want 'managed care.' I asked, nicely, "What do you think we have now?" Except now it's MANAGED by the 'FOR PROFIT' health plans. They don't have your health as their bottom line, they have THEIR profits as the bottom line. Don't think so? Ask your Dr. for an MRI or CT scan. "For safety's sake." You WON'T get it. There has to be a 'managed' health care progress. Exam, blood test, exam, maybe an Xray and THEN, MAYBE you'll get the test that may have saved your life.........3 months ago!

What the Dems passed is not what we need in America. The USA, spends more money, per person, on health care than any other country in the world! And the costs are going up...because we no longer have non-profit health care insurance plans!

I'm a Federal Retiree. I have the same health care plan as my congressperson or senator. All Americans should have the same! We can afford it. We deserve it. We're a very rich nation. For now.

Best of luck. God knows you've been thru hell so far! I admire your attitude and resiliency!
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avmtdan wrote:
Jeeze you would think the more cost effective thing would be for them to get it out of you now and not have to use the chemo anymore. Good luck Sandy, we are all rooting for you.

It is, but the system isn't setup that way. Sandy is close enough that he's probably going to be alright. But for many, they play the waiting game and lose. And the losers cost the system A LOT.

-Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: