ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another small Radio/Speaker puzzle piece...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the weird thing is (now that I look at the verts) is how some of the 85 Coupes got the rear speakers they did....

Here is a pic of speakers in a 1985 Coupe....

The interesting thing is...I initially was thinking that asc tossed whatever they had laying around into the 85 coupes. I was assuming that 85 verts had the square speaker covers like the one shown above and asc would have just plopped them into the coupes...because they were handy.

Well, if the 85 verts used the speakers in the (standard) Recaros and didn't use rear compartment speakers....then asc must have purchased the above speakers SPECIFICALLY for the coupes and used them again later on the 86 verts.

I hope someday a few more original 85 Coupes show up and solidify the kind of speakers that came in the rear.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
ponydude

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Another small Radio/Speaker puzzle piece Reply with quote

Sorry, guess it was a case of long day brain gas. The speakers are KFC-1205.
I agree if you and Marty. With the headrest speakers, I guess you didn't need the rears.
'81 T-Top Coupe
2-'84 1/2 GT 350's 5.0 5speeds, 1 T-Top
'95 Mustang GTS
'83 Black Magic
Foxfleet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there guys, I have a full used set of speakers from an all original 85 Coupe. I do not have them here as they are in my 86, but the rears that came from this particular 85 were 5x8. I can get a model # for both, just not today. I will post back with my findings. Thanks

Edit- I just looked through my old pics. I have pics of both. The 5x8's read:
KFC-6970
Nom.15 Watts Max.40 Watts

The 3 in. speakers read:
KFC-83
Nom.10 Watts Max. 20 Watts

Both are 4 ohms.

Hope this helps.
85 asc/McLaren Capri 5.0 SC Vert-lots of miles
68 Cougar 5.0/C4 Tubbed, Caged, Project Pumpkin
55 Ford F 100-Full 5.0, 5 speed, wiring, S-trim
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foxfleet wrote:
Hey there guys, I have a full used set of speakers from an all original 85 Coupe. I do not have them here as they are in my 86, but the rears that came from this particular 85 were 5x8. I can get a model # for both, just not today. I will post back with my findings. Thanks

Edit- I just looked through my old pics. I have pics of both. The 5x8's read:
KFC-6970
Nom.15 Watts Max.40 Watts

The 3 in. speakers read:
KFC-83
Nom.10 Watts Max. 20 Watts

Both are 4 ohms.

Hope this helps.

Sounds like they may be original stuff. Do you know the VIN of the car they came out of? Are you sure they were original to the car? Did the 5x8s have a rectangular speaker cover?

In the 86 brochure...they show the KFC-830G for the little dash speakers....I wonder if you didn't read the whole number? In the 86 brochure they also show a KFC-6960 so the KFC-6970 you have sounds like it may be correct.

I wish that guy had the 85 brochure too...

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: