ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Imperial talk for Sandy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
86capri62

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Imperial talk for Sandy. Reply with quote

A friend of mine just bought that car. With original paint and tires. And the paperwork from Chrysler confirming the special use of the car.

1961 Chrysler Imperial Lebaron "John F.Kennedy Connection"RARE PRESIDENTIAL USE CAR ! This car was borrowed back from the original owner by Chrysler Canada to be used to chauffer American president John F. Kennedy and his wife during their four day state visit [to Ottawa] in May of 1961. Documents supporting this fact still remain with the vehicule as well as the original sales pacage. Purchaced in 2002 from the original owners the car has remained in storage as it had been since 1989.

Sandy if you want pics I can forward the email of my friend to you. I don't know how to post them here.
77 Ferrari 308 GTB(sold)
90 Ferrari Testarossa(yellow)(sold)
2007 Corvette convertible supercharged(sold)
2005 MB SLK 350
2008 Rotorway helicopter
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Imperials...... Reply with quote

I am familiar with that car, and have seen pictures of it, as well as a newsreel with the 1st family in the car. I believe the car is housed in Washington D.C. in an underground garage. It's a 1961 (final year of the soaring fins). There was also a 1962 car (black) with the Nixons in it.

Yes, I am still "into" Imperials. At one time, I formed a nationwide Imperial club, but business took alot of time, and it kinda fell away, due to my lack
of time to devote to it.

As you may know, I sold cars for "only" 30 years Rolling Eyes and ALWAYS with "Mother-Mopar". I was involved in I.O.C. (Imperial Owner's Club) which was pre-computers (personal, I mean to say). Besides selling lots of Imps, I also bought them. I have many books devoted to the brand (often tied in with the Letter Series Chryslers 300 B-300L.)

My personally owed Imperials were:

1968 Crown Convertible - Lt. Green Mist, Dk. Green roof & leather Bucket Seat Interior

1971 Imperial LeBaron 2-Dr. Hdt. Triple Black w/Buckets
1972 Imperial LeBaron 4-Dr. Hdtp. Triple Black
1975 Imperial LeBaron Crown St. Regis Coupe / Black on Black with Cranberry Velvet & Velour Interior . Kick me 4 selling it !!)
1982 Bustle-Back Imperial Coupe in Brilliant Gold, called Goldenrod.

My Fsather bought a new 1970 LeBaron 4-Dr. Hdt. from me, but after his heart-attack, it was just too big for him to manage (236 inches long)...
So he traded it back in and bought a Plymouth Scamp (The Plymouth version of the Dodge Dart.
My Dad's cousin, a big well respected doctor and at one time COS
(Chief of Staff) leased a new Imperial from ME every year from 1968, thru 1981. He would drive nothing else. His wife leased from me a new PlymouthSport Fury Convertible every year, most of them with a Hemi under Hood
(Known as a HUH ? "Hemi Under Hood")

I have every Imperial sales brochure from 1956 thru 1993. Plus color charts and data books. But. Cry-Co is never bringing back the Imperial nameplate.

Do you like air conditioning in your car? Thank Imperial. Air Temp A/C pioneered by Chrysler for Imperial.

Enough...I am outta here & watching the snow pile up Crying or Very sad

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
86capri62

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have snow falling? Here up north and you can't be much more north into civilization than where I live, we don't have snow yet. Only a very thin blanket one morning.

The Imperial I'm talking about is now in Quebec City in Canada and owned by a good friend of mine. He own a small collection of cars including a Hemi and a GT40. The car is in good hands. But I know he will sell it when the right time comes.
77 Ferrari 308 GTB(sold)
90 Ferrari Testarossa(yellow)(sold)
2007 Corvette convertible supercharged(sold)
2005 MB SLK 350
2008 Rotorway helicopter
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow and like blizzard conditions. very very wierd. I do not ever recall snow STORM b-4 halloween !!!!

That really wet & heavy snow = type I wish it would stop !!!

Kentennis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Snow Reply with quote

Sandy: Some of us have been talking about the plethora of acorns this year. I have them on every square inch of our 2.5 acres! never saw them like this. Ditto my nephew in Denver. And ditto, my daughter in Michigan, except it's Black Walnuts. A large crop of nuts is supposed to indicate a long, hard winter!!

Looks like it may be true. Denver has already had snow and now your area plus Pennsyltucky.

May be a long winter. 82 here right now. But it's going down into the 60's tonight. BBrrrrrrr.

And I haven't split the cord of Oak we have outside yet.
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold on ! I forgot where you sleep, so I went to your profile. You are in FLORADA !!! C'mon... I'd bet you do not even own a shovel ! Smile

I do not like this, at all. Truthfully, I am a bit scared. With two trwo limbs across our driveway, we can't get a car out, in case of emergency. Telephones are all OUT ! The only call one can place is 4-1-1 to an operator.
..........and it's ONLY the 29th of October !
We have lights, TV, computer. Just 180 days to go to May First

Kentennis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 5 shovels! 2 pointed, i trenching, 1 square and 1 snow shovel (Just in case.) I also have 2 6' Flexible Flyers I want to refinish and hang on our fence. It's a 5 board horizontal wooden fence made out of 5/4ths bull nosed pressure treated decking boards. Did it myself one summer. Did a good job too. Straight as an arrow. I also have 2 hockey sticks from 40 years ago! They're going on the fence too.

And we have a fireplace! One reason is for heat and the other is because the homes that withstood Hurricnae Andrew, in Homestead, Florida, all had either a fireplace or a doggie door!! The winter before last it got so cold we had 1/2" of ICE on our swimming pool.
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, that is news for me. I guess only SOUTHEREN Fla. stays "warm" in Janauary. I hate winter - but - I love our house and where it's located, and I know where to go to get anything. My comfort zone.
Our house is nothing super-duper. Small lot, 6 car driveway, 2 car garage, eat-in kitchen, 4 bedrooms, dining & living room(s) a nice den overlooking a beautiful park, a large basement. Window Air Conditioners, no fireplace, fenced-in rear yard and near anything your heart desires to purchase.
It's vinyl sided, new roof, new paint and well kept (by us). We have a gardner for the property. Best part is we have no mortgage, it's all paid for.

Kentennis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy:

Hope you didn't lose power or have any problems with those limbs!

Hard for us to realuize what's happening up 'north'. Nice balmy 78 here with a little breeze.

And having a home paid for is a great feeling. Ours is too. Haven't paid a cent in interest, to anybody, for a few years now.

Sucked some of the tranny fluid out today. Have to get a bigger diameter tube to be really effective. Tomorrow it's off to Lowe's!!

Hope everybody that's in the snow areas is OK!!
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No cars were injured, as 2 were in our garage; 3 are in "Car~Condo" four miles from here, (15 minute drive); and the other two reside in our driveway, but way back, just in front of the grage door. The limb fell at the end of the driveway, out near the sidewalk. It is still there. Our gardner is coming tomorrow to cut it up and take it away. I have "Cabin-Fever"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: