ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lincoln emulating 90s Pontiac design cues?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kentennis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had fantastic luck with FoMoCo prducts. Every oil spot on my old driveway was left there by a Chrysler product.

Owned a 1953 Chrysler New Yorker 2-door. Hemi. Slushpump drive. Traded it and saw it in the papser, wrapped around a tree! At a very high rate of speed.

53 Dodge. Body rusted away after being partially immersed in the Atlantic Ocean. (HEY!! Nobody's perfect when they park and drink)

Owned 1956 Dodge. Engine failure.

1956 Plymouth. Overdrive failed.

1966 Plymouth Fury. Got hit while parked. Was a great fun to drive car.

Ford's? No problems of any significance.

Cadillac? Worst car I ever owned was a Caddie.

GM? Still have a 1979 Silverado with 418,000 miles. I put 300,000 of them on it. Engine and drive train are still good (4 x 4). The body is SHOT! But it has the 6.6 Liter, forged steel crank. Tha crank is worth more than the rest of the vehicle.

1958 Corvette: 283 3-speed. A fun vehicle till the second child!

1980 Corvette. Heavy duty pressure plate, tore my knee up in traffic!

1980 Corvette. Bought it 9 years ago. Still have it. 73,000 miles. Original. Needs a master cylinder.

Overall. Ford ahs been the best bang for the buck!

And it looks like Cadillac snagged all the designers form Pontiac. They are great looking/performing cars NOW!
shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm wrote:
Quote:
5 year bumper to bumper 100% Warrentee

American car companies are slowly understanding that people are willing to pay a little more for this. People will deal with some headaches in having to get the car repaired if it needs it, but only if covered.

Hyundai figured it out early. A good warranty goes a long ways to convince people to try your product.

The consumer doesn't want your tulips quality product dumped on them. They'll take it if you own any future problems.

Chrysler almost figured it out with the 7 year 70k mile warranty. Except they didn't do the full bumper to bumper warranty. Just Power Train. So they fought every repair my parents needed. They even tried to get out from under a known transmission problem. Your tulips designs shouldn't trouble your customers (like exposed wheel bearings that needed YEARLY replacement).

I don't think I'll ever consider a Chrysler because of that. I know my parents won't ever go back to them in a million years.

-Mike

About the warranty thing, that has kind of annoyed me about Ford, GM, & Chrysler, not sure why they don't feel the need to put up a 100K/10 yr. warranty like hyundai, and kia. they are losing business to these two. and many cite this warranty.

My family has had them all through the years (manuf.), not too many mopars though, Ford has always been the most reliable that we've found. I've watched friends and my wife before we dated, go through lots of problems with mopar. Transmissions big time. Plus general stories talking to other car guys about horror stories with mopar. I'd say it was the early 80s that most of the family stuck with Ford/Lincoln/Merc, and never looked back. I always thought the interior and dash of GMs were cheap looking up until about 2003-4.... I think they've improved them since then.

Its a big country, I'm sure there are horror stories for all brands, but I've done very well with Ford myself and seem to hear the most horror stories with mopar.....
1988 ASC McLaren #688
#67 Black Mac'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have owned two Mopars in my life.
The first one was a "67" 318 V8 station wagon that refused to die.
the other was a "78" 360 or 383 wagon that I believe was half dead when it rolled off of the showroom floor.
My girlfriend now has a 2002 Chrysler 300 that has had multiple problems.

I will never own another one!
Ron
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents hRDLY EVER HAD ny problems with their Imperials.

A bad power window motror replaced under warrantee
a slght leak in the trunk and a non funtioning power VENT window, over the period of 1962 to 1975.

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
My parents hRDLY EVER HAD ny problems with their Imperials.

A bad power window motror replaced under warrantee
a slght leak in the trunk and a non funtioning power VENT window, over the period of 1962 to 1975.

I don't doubt that at all...... look at the period you are referring to.

I think most are referring to examples from the 1980- present mopars.
1988 ASC McLaren #688
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a 1982 Imperial. Beautiful car. Strangers would show me the thumbs up, on the road. It was bright Gold Metallic, cashmere leather,
2 inch deep carpting, and ultra ritzy inside.
My selling dealer was wonderful and had great service, but cold never get the car to ride for Schitt. The EFI was very troublesome and the car ran really lousey. Morther-Mopar paid for a retro-fit for all 12,000 that they sold. I heard that ...that the cars ran great, withthe Cordoba 4-Bbl. Carb - - but I sold it, as I was affraid of it. THE BEST Imperial I ever had was the 1975.
SEVEN YEARS without a repair ! I kept it until i bought the gold 1982.
Kick me !

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: