ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ford's missing entrant in its lineup
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChuckG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few months ago, I saw a Crown Vic plastered with "Buy American" stickers.

The driver didn't look any too pleased when I told him his car was in fact, built in Canada.

So few xenophobes seem to own a globe....
avmtdan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Canada is just "North America" anyway right?
87 ASC Mclaren Mustang #416
mandra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ford and Chevy didn't even seem to try in the mini van market. They were doing much better with SUV's and today the little micro cars are the hot ticket. My wife has a 2010 Chrysler 4.0L minivan. The engine was a Daimler design from when the 2 companies were merged and I'll just say I wouldn't want to race it with any of my McLarens Smile

She was looking at the Ford Flex and the Caddy SRX that seats 7 but the room behind the back seat was laughable compared to the mini van.

On the globalization of car companies remember one thing. The big 3 bring most of the profits (when they make them) home. Toyota, Honda and the rest do the same except their home isn't the US.
Sandy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I have been telling hoards of people, for years !

"On the globalization of car companies remember one thing. The big 3 bring most of the profits (when they make them) home. Toyota, Honda and the rest do the same except their home isn't the US."

THANK YOU !! 89% of Aericans do not care, well, until their employer gives them the pink slip.....and even then, THEY JUST DO NOT GET IT [!!! :cry

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
ChuckG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're off Sandy. First--what profits? For tax purposes, there are rarely "profits". There are income and expenses.

Most of the income goes back out in wages, utilities, taxes, and consumables--wages earned by workers in a given country, say an assembly plant in Alabama, even if "Kia" is on the building. Then, we add in all the marketing, dealer, repair infrastructure that must be located in the sale country.

Finally, nobody will check your passport to buy stock in Toyota, Ford, etc. They aren't sitting on vast stores of gold under their headquarters. That money is all spoken for in one form or another.

There's a reason the Chinese demand cars be built domestically, even if the company is a PO box in the US.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> It's your call. All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: