ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody doing anything to their cars?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tx Trooperstang

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Anybody doing anything to their cars? Reply with quote

Just thought I would pop this question out since not a whole lot goes around here.

I sprung for new Tail Light covers from Henry. Waiting on the left side to come in. I am also replacing some of the plastic pieces that have broken and later replacing the top and Seat Covers.

Tom
hanksgt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody doing anything to their cars? Reply with quote

I need a right side tail light cover for my '89. I got the left one from Hank a few years ago and now the other needs replacement.

After 6 years of front end clunks, We replaced the Ford lower control arm bolts, put in camber/caster plates and had an alignment. What a difference. We're getting ready to head to Flagstaff Sept 7 for the Route 66 cars show.

Tx Trooperstang wrote:
Just thought I would pop this question out since not a whole lot goes around here.

I sprung for new Tail Light covers from Henry. Waiting on the left side to come in. I am also replacing some of the plastic pieces that have broken and later replacing the top and Seat Covers.

Tom

'89 ASC #176
'87 ASC #134
'85 GT
Tx Trooperstang

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to keep that on my list of shows to attend. We want to get back to Flagstaff, we were there for a wedding a couple of years ago. I bought my car from a gentleman in Camp Verde last year who acquired it from an Estate in Sedona.

Tom
75coug

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to buy a new front spoiler for mine. Once that is done (and after I get my house sold and myself moved), the plan is to get the whole car painted.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my car running and registered and inspected. Pretty sure the tranny needs attention.

So she still sits for now.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
hanksgt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At about 150,000 miles seemed like my '89 AOD transmission needed some help with leaks, even though it shifted pretty well. I put a quart of Valvoline Max-Life sealer in it (when it was a quart low) and that kept it sealed in the Phoenix heat for another 40,000 miles.

negusm wrote:
Got my car running and registered and inspected. Pretty sure the tranny needs attention.

So she still sits for now.

-Mike

'89 ASC #176
'87 ASC #134
'85 GT
CocoLoco

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I spent a small fortune getting the 85 all fixed up this past spring. I have been posting up my progress in a thread but I think i will take some pics and do a little recap when I am "done".

The only thing I am wanting to do now is replace the wood on the dash. I bought some teak veneer so I will attempt to do all this in the near future.

It's kind of an experiment. I do a lot of woodworking but cutting the veneer for all the small and round holes on the instrument cluster will be a challenge. Then I need to try to get a good stain to try to get close to the original color. Wish me luck.
1985 Red ascMcLaren Convertible #218
1990 Seafoam Auqa ascMcLaren Convertible #263
2001 Yellow Mustang Convertible
1977 Red Bonneville Coupe
KHummel66

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody doing anything to their cars? Reply with quote

Tx Trooperstang wrote:

Tom

What condition are your old ones in? You would be interested in selling them?

I still need to get the air dam painted and striped on the modified 85. Although that needs to wait until I'm in a new job. At least it's drivable ... and she runs well.

Not much progress on 86 0001 ... too much time spent looking for a new job.
1986 ASC vert - #86-0001
1986 ASC vert - 3.8SC v6
1986 ASC vert - Silver/Black/Gray
1985 ASC vert - Black/Tan/Tan
1985 GPIV - The Official Pace Car
1985 ASC coupe - modified
1985 ASC coupe - roller
1983 Crimson Cat V6
1966 Cobra replica
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm wrote:
Got my car running and registered and inspected.
-Mike

Great news Mike.

Mine car drives out of the garage and some other car or cars get worked on and then she is put back in.

planning on going too Dearborn in 2wks Cool
avmtdan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine just came back from the bodyman. I have the engine sat in place, but its going to come back out when I find a new K-member for it (want to go tubular, possibly do a five lug conversion, I keep going back and forth with that one though.) I already have another 4 lug disc rearend out of a cobra but once again not sure if I am keeping the 4 lug.

The entire interior is stripped out of the Mclaren right now, so that will be fun putting back together, although with both of these projects I am getting good at R/R and I don't mean rest and relaxation. The door glass needs to go in, I have 2 sets so trying to decide which are the best parts to use right now, especially since I bought a parts car so I have some spares.

I am putting together a GT convertible to sell and try to make a little money to pay for the mclaren work, but truth be told I probably would have come out better just working some overtime at work. Still, the GT has been an interesting project, I have learned alot with her and will be sad to see her go. I bought the car as a roller and have been playing the "WTF did the previous owners do to this poor car" game. Seriously, I don't know how lazy/stupid some people can get, especially when it comes to wiring. I keep finding connectors that have been put together wrong, giving all kinds of weird symptoms, luckily I have not let the mysterious blue smoke out of the boxes yet.
87 ASC Mclaren Mustang #416
svo413

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: 85/88 Reply with quote

I have been driving the 85 almost every day. I need to have the rear windows replaced as the window stitching on the NOS top does not last as long as the top. The 88 is supposed to come out of hiding this weekend for a photo shoot for the Fox Mustang Magazine.
85 ASC Vert #612205
88 ASC Vert #542 20,550 miles
84 SVO 24,000 miles, 84 GT Turbo Vert.
03 Mach I, 89 LX Vert, 74 Mustang II
14 CA Special, 69 Mustang coupe, 07 GT500
67 T-bird, 15 F150 Tuscany, 16 F250
n20capri

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm putting together a winter "To Do" list of things...but for now I just want to enjoy the car for the rest of the summer.
86 AscMcLaren Capri Coupe - #026 | 11.4@118 | 290/322
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Album
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: