ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sandys advice to me on selling cars.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
idareu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Sandys advice to me on selling cars. Reply with quote

I sold cars for 27 years. One makes just enough $$$ selling cars to be non eligible for Welfare ! You are a sneeze & 1/2 past welfare.
I enjoyed selling cars, and I was - okay - lets give it a grade... I was a constant B-

I didn't get married until age 37, as I could not afford to. I drove a beautiful car as part of my compensation, and lived in a 1 room studio where my rent was $330 a month.

When I was 35 or so, my Mom's brother, never married, past away. He was a real estate developer. He left to me his small fortune. 2 years later my Dad died of a massive heart attack. My Dad was an attorney. A year later my Mom died, she too was an attorney. I immediately retired, married my girlfriend, and sold Mom & Dad's house. We bought a $375,000 house & paid cash.
Today, I have money and am age 60 and I retired 15 years ago, at age 45.

Unless you are an only child, with extremely well-to-do parents, do not ever go into selling cars. You get NO RESPECT and are frequently referred to as 'A crook" ~ You are a low life in other people's eyes. You are poor.

A bunch of guys that I sold with, back in the 1970s made up Tee Shirts that were Navy Blue with white lettering and the front said:

" I CAN SELL CARS "
(and the back said)
" 'CAUSE MY WIFE HAS A REAL JOB "

Lots of truth in that. The one thing selling cars will teach you is that if
you ever come into REAL money, to hang on to it with all your might !!
I teachs you how very hard it is to earn an honest living !! !! !!

I sold Dodge.
Later, in order .....
Ford, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Imperial Chrysler Plymouth, and then Subaru. Had a 1 week stunt with Chevy (if that counts....)

Best advise I can give: DON'T DO IT

YA WANNA SELL ?? GET YASELF A REAL ESTATE LICENSE AND GO SELL COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE. START AT THE BOTTOM AND LEARN A GOOD FOUNDADTION. BY AGE 33 YOU'LL BE VERY WELL TO DO. BY 50, RICH! SCREW CARS.

n20capri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dad was in the car business all his life (retired now) and he told me the same exact thing. He's done it all. Salesman to GM to owner! Even considering he used to make over 6 figures! It's just not the same business that it used to be.

I always wanted to follow in his footsteps but he talked me out of it. Sound advice I guess! lol
86 AscMcLaren Capri Coupe - #026 | 11.4@118 | 290/322
86 9L SVO
www.mikemartinelli.com
www.baldguydesigns.net

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Album
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: