ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Somewhat funny story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dahberg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Somewhat funny story Reply with quote

delete

Last edited by dahberg on Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
ASCMCLRN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott I love the story lol. It's a small world after all hehe. I remember you posting on the old Yahoo forums and showing the pic of your car with that light bar on it. That looked really nice, you took it off though? You'd definately be able to sell that. I think there was a local place I was able to track down from you in Sayville NY, have to reasearch it again its been awhile. Hope all is well.

-Nick Smile
dahberg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delete

Last edited by dahberg on Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where exactly were you parked ? I was there too, after flying out from Jersey. Sorry we missed eash other. Sad

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just kidding Very Happy Laughing

But, could you imagine it !!!!!!!!!!

dahberg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delete

Last edited by dahberg on Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sandy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT'S rather strange, because I have ALOT on the National Registry that live in all areas of California. I know of 6 in New Jersey, not counting my 3. I guess about a dozen are here.

I don't go to many car shows any longer, as I can't take the heat, humidity & sun, for such prolonged periods. If I do go, and do one pass thru and possibly re-hit a couple favorites, and get ready to leave.
Used to stay the entire day. I still do, if the show is in September/October & it's under 75 degrees & not humid.
There was a georgious show only 12 miles from me, hosted by a Ford Dealer, it was for Mustangs, Capris, and any Special Interest FoMoCo product. It was held ON THE LAWN, around a LAKE, under WEEPING WILLOW TREES. They had music, but not blaringly offensive, and a pair of snack trucks and a Good Humor truck. Turnout was a good 75 cars. I saw my one & only late model Saleen 'Vert there, with Tonneau & Light Bar. Was dynamite. It's extremely picturesque.
Well, guess what? Dealer stopped doing the show, good old insurance liability took it away from us.

ASCMCLRN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
THAT'S rather strange, because I have ALOT on the National Registry that live in all areas of California. I know of 6 in New Jersey, not counting my 3. I guess about a dozen are here.

I don't go to many car shows any longer, as I can't take the heat, humidity & sun, for such prolonged periods. If I do go, and do one pass thru and possibly re-hit a couple favorites, and get ready to leave.
Used to stay the entire day. I still do, if the show is in September/October & it's under 75 degrees & not humid.
There was a georgious show only 12 miles from me, hosted by a Ford Dealer, it was for Mustangs, Capris, and any Special Interest FoMoCo product. It was held ON THE LAWN, around a LAKE, under WEEPING WILLOW TREES. They had music, but not blaringly offensive, and a pair of snack trucks and a Good Humor truck. Turnout was a good 75 cars. I saw my one & only late model Saleen 'Vert there, with Tonneau & Light Bar. Was dynamite. It's extremely picturesque.
Well, guess what? Dealer stopped doing the show, good old insurance liability took it away from us.

You just reminded me of something. Over on Long Island there are many informal shows that pop up in parking lots. I haven't gone in awhile but remember in the past there were 100's of cars lining up it started becoming an event like you mention were ice cream trucks and vendors eventually started coming, was really neat. Tonight there was a small one that happens in my town at the A&W fast food place. Many hot-rods and cars from the '50's though. Still I love em all. I have yet to see that woman who used to drive around town with her '87 Guards red ASC MClaren that her husband bought for her new at the Javits Auto Show '87. I think you said you knew her Sandy her husband is a Doctor. First time I ever saw the Mustang version of the ASC MClaren was hers back then. I swore to her I would own one, hope to bump into her someday and that she still has hers. :O)

-Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: