ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1986 Part Number For Hella Fog Light Assemblies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HELMUT RONER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: 1986 Part Number For Hella Fog Light Assemblies Reply with quote

Hi, guys. I was wondering if any of you guys with a four-eyed ASC could get under your car's front end and tell me what the part number is for the Hella assembly (assuming yours are in much better shape than mine)? I've looked for hours on Google searches and get conflicting/confusing results. On my 86 there are no part number decals or etching on them, but mine was neglected. One of my lights is chipped and cracked. I found the thread where it was mentioned BMW & SAAB used these as well, but from what I've found in Google image searches those companies also used other manufacturer's fog lights, too. I wouldn't mind buying them new if I had money to throw away, but that's not the case.

[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/581523_10150682030753178_771973083_n.jpg[/img]

Last edited by HELMUT RONER on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
fascat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a sticker on the back of the lens housing where the bulb goes in. Mine are as follows:

1ND 126 449-00
8377 R19

There is a "B" in a square and an "E1" in a circle. There is also an "H3" printed on the sticker. There is also the number "193" in blue. The "B", "E1", "H3" and the "193" are in between the the above lines.

I'm not sure which one would be the part number though.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never gotten a part number for them.

I do know if you email Hella, you can get the lens stickers for free.

Email Hella relations and send them a link to your picture. See if they can come up with a part number.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
thebman007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the original case they came in that held 6 pair, 12 lights and the box only says Hella and made in Germany. The lights all come wrapped individually in brown paper with the 2 wires taped on the back. The actual light bulbs are seperate in packs of 12. They have a part number.
HELMUT RONER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: HELLA 65098 Reply with quote

Here are some part numbers pics I've saved from the net over several months in my search. Missed out on a couple of steals because of other issues Sad

HELMUT RONER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know why the image links are not working here unless it's a site issue or my craptop's browser.

Having read on here that Sandy used Hella 181 covers on his lights I came across a pair of smoked covers that would probably look nice on a white ASC.

So far I've come to find these are used on mid-late 80s BMW 325 and 635, mid to late 80 to early 90s SAAB 900, and mid to late 80s Peugeot 505.
fascat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like those smoke covers. I would like to get a set for my car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: