ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Friend looking at #52 full production coupe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott86capri

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:56 am    Post subject: Friend looking at #52 full production coupe Reply with quote

I have a friend that has found #52 full production coupe it has some stuff that worries me. Regular interior with red piping it is a hideous blue which I am assuming repaint. And has a strange lower air dam. It does have all the side skirting and does not have the 1/4 window trim or head light tail light covers but says it has the plaque with # 52 on it. The last six of the vin are 607911 can some one help me with this is it a real car or not?
svo413

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Is it real? Reply with quote

Two things you can do.
1. Check the radiator for the buck tag and the McLaren buck tag should be next to it. Some place option D32 should be listed as well.
http://www.ascmclaren.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2142

2. The next option is to get the Marti Report to see if it was sent to ASC with the D32 option.

I'm not too familar with the Coupes and there is not much info listed. Someone may have kept a private list of the coupes. It may also have the ME vin. prefix.

If you list the buck tag, someone like Foxchassis may decode it.
85 ASC Vert #612205
88 ASC Vert #542 20,550 miles
84 SVO 24,000 miles, 84 GT Turbo Vert.
03 Mach I, 89 LX Vert, 74 Mustang II
14 CA Special, 69 Mustang coupe, 07 GT500
67 T-bird, 15 F150 Tuscany, 16 F250
FoxChassis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The full VIN is 1MEBP79M5GF607911. It is the second of two consecutive V8 Capris (607910 & 607911), with 607910 also being a Coupe (#038).

86asccoupe20 here and @ FEP started a 1986 Coupe/Eurocoupe 'registry': http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?99580
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is not a T-Roof car, and is missing the quarter window treatments...I am thinking it is not a Full Package car.

The lack of grey piping also makes me think it is not a full package car.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: