ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sandy's Car
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainmanoly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn shame.....

So, that's the blue and silver..... What happened to the Capri?

1989 ascMcLaren convertible, 5-speed
(The only Hot Yellow car built in '89)
ct_gsxr1000

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capri is not for sale, or at least not for sale to the public
rlyons13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gang,

The seller of Sandy's 1990, the last one made, has lowered his reserve. Bidding on eBay is at $16,600 and has 7.5 hours to go.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 1990 should EASILY be worth $25k.

It is truly a new car.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
texasgator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Sandy's car Reply with quote

The blue car is back on ebay with a buy it now price of $21,500.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-GT-Convertible-2-Door-Mustang-asc-McLaren-Convertible-Survivor-Showroom-new-with-only-/321358914739?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4ad27be4b3&item=321358914739&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
avmtdan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know what the silver button is in Sandy's glove box?

[/url]
87 ASC Mclaren Mustang #416
idareu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mileage is wrong. Everyone knew Sandy was an ASC expert then why is is miles not what he said it was to me in a pm. Here it is:

Quote:

Her storage is beginning to bite me Crying or Very sad
She is in "Safe & Secure" ~ a place that's (almost) impossible to describe! I took a friend there to see the place, and he named it the Fortress.
All brick building, interior all concrete. Only purpose is for storing cars. Each car has it's own garage. 3 sides of interior are aluminum and an aluminum garage door, you supply the lock(s), up to 3 allowed. Each stall is totally blocked off from any other stall and each has an overhead sprinkler system and 4 long length flourscent lights. You drrive up to an overhead steel door, and there's like a bank's aTM machine. You enter a 4 digit code, into the ATM style machine & the steel door opens. You are then faced with a black topped actual roadway. You drive down to you garage & park. The roadway is wide enough to allow othe "traffic" to pass you. You then unlock your lock(s) and open your door.
The place is kept at 65 degrees year round. So....It's air conditioned & heated as needed and a dehumidfier runs 365 days a year.
During the day, it's manned my employees, Ay closing it's manned by Pinkerton Guards and Pit bulls that are released to the exterior that is fenced in. It opens at 7AM and closes at 9PM Except Sunday, when it opens at 9AM and closes at 7PM.
There is also a "Social" room where you can meet & greet and socialize with other car owners. It's got nice sofas, chairs, coffee maker, soda, candy machines, and a BIG fish tank with exotic fish. In the wintertime, they offer up complimentary hot coco on Saturday mornings.
The place holds about 100 cars.
The fee for all this is $ 335.05 @ month,or......$4,020.60 a year.
I've been in there for 5 years, so I've paid them over $20,000.
THAT is where the Silver Anniversary Lives. She has 7,237 miles & is as new, throughout.

The 1990 Azura Blue one (Final Car Made) live in the sametown I do,and is in an all brick rented garage (2 miles away. That garage has no windoes, a brand new roof, and a double locking door. It's behind a hose and not visable from the streeet. She's wrapped in a fleese lined car jacket, which you open & spread out and drive onto and then cover & zip closed. That way, no mice can enter as it's all cross crossed with a dental floss like plastic grid woven between layers. Like the Silver Anniversary, her battery is dissconected. The owner of the house rents me the garage and his BMW is always parked in front of the garage no nobody can steal my car. He works in NYC and takes the train, only uses BMW on weekends. I hjave a key to the BMW is need be. 2,373 miles on Azura.
New.

The Coupe. The 1986 ascMcLaren Coupe (688 miles) is in a rented garage of the house, directly in back of me. Our backyards touch.
That one is not heated. It's very safe, no leaks, locks, and only I use it.
She too wears a car Jacket, lined with fleese & battery disconneted.

The Azura Blue's Garage costs $225.00 @ month & the Coupe's Garage is $75.00 @ month ('Caise we are friends!) Total monthly garage bill is
$ 635.00 @ month or $ 7,620 @ year. OUCH !

That's the solereason I was looking to sell. Then, I'd put the Azura Blue in the $335.05 A month "Fortress" and reduce the monthly amount by $ 225.00 @ month. My monthly payment would then be $ 410.00 instead of
$ 635.00, a reduction of $ 2,700.00 a year, making it $ 4,920 @ year rather than $7,620.00.

Should you change you mind - just want you to know the car has had only the best, the finest care possible, has NEVER been abused, and has all service work preformed at my Lincoln-Mercury Dealer, and wears Souverne by Pinnacle wax at $90.00 a contasiner, applied by me, by hand, and has no wear "lines on the leather seats. All in all it 's total perfection in, out & around. Original tires, not a single wrinkle in (on) the cloth roof. Dash Plaque is # 1904, the planned #4 of 12 Silver Anniversaries that they planned to make. In the end, only 2 were made. This car, and # 1907 in Florida's West Coast. That car has 76,000 well used miles. Still in hands of original owner.
That car hasno ascMcLaren options. My car has all of them!
1. Remote Keyless Entry with Illuminated Entry System
2. Whistler Intrusion Alram System
3. ascMcLaren Carpeted Floor Mats (new, in trunk)
Also have all paerwork, manual, and delivery paperwork.

Dash Plaque #s 1900, 1901, 1902, 1903, 1905, 1906, 1908, 1909, 1910 & 1911 were cars that were made..... BUT were not made into Silver Anniversary Editions. 4 were made red, 3 made in white & 3 in black.

You can go here, to learn more....

http://www.ascmclaren.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=229

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_

negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idareu, I just edited your post to make it a quotation.

A little easier to read.

I visited all his cars the year or so before Sandy passed. Other than the coupe and the blue asc, they indeed were in a "fortress". They were his babies.

-Mike
#67 Black Mac'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Sandy Reply with quote

capri50asc wrote:
I miss Sandy a lot. I remember calling him at home and told him I was looking at buying my 1986 ASC. He said" I want you to hang now and go buy the car" I did that!

Thanks Sandy You are now in the hands of God

Chris
Sad

I have almost the same story about Sandy.
I called him before I made the 450 mile trip to buy my 85 black roadster.
He simply said: "I don't have as much info on the early Capris as I do on the later Mustangs, but go buy it & call me back when you get home & I will help you anyway I can".
Ron
daveanddiedre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Silver Switch in Glove Box Reply with quote

I didn't see a reply on the question about the silver switch in the glove box. So here goes. I own a triple black 90 vert. It's probably every bit as clean as Sandy's Blue car with the exception that mine has 5,000 more miles. Yes, a mere 7,600 on my car and it's outfitted with some very nice goodies.

Anyway, about the switch. My car has that switch as well. I originally thought that the previous owner of my car has that install but realize now after see the posted pic of Sandy's car that his is exactly the same as my car. The switch is actually a kill switch. So when you park the car, flip the switch and lock the glove box door, the car has just a little extra security.

Dave
avmtdan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, makes sense now, thanks Dave.
87 ASC Mclaren Mustang #416
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Dave. Seems like a odd place but yet a perfect place.
RARE-ASC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We now own this gem! We picked it up this am! My 9 year old and me are driving it back to GA! We put over 500 miles on it today and it has performed flawless! I feel like I bought a new car as a demo before they grounded it! Grounded is a car term demos stay in service usually till 5000 at most dealers! It now has just over 2600 miles...Cars getting 22mpgs at 80mph all day long! I will add photos later! More to come.......
2013 FORD F150 RAPTOR "TERRAIN TAN" 4X4 CREW CAB & LIFT ON 37s.
2016 SHELBY MUSTANG GT-H HERTZ EDITION #82 OF 171.
1995 F-350 CREW CAB DUALLY POWERSTROKE FULL BANKS KIT!
75coug

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Looking forward to the pics.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Great! I bet the old girl loved having her legs stretched. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: