ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1987 Car 118

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> WELCOME!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tazslh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: 1987 Car 118 Reply with quote

Just bought a 1987 with 55,000 original miles on it. Needs a bit of work. Windshield frame is broken. Top in good shape but does not seal properly. Latch is broken.
Question on the Peter Muscat tags on the car. Is it to have one on both sides of the car?I only have one on the passenger side.
The custom work on the quarters to fit the tonneau has body putty on the drivers side which is in poor shape. Did this section of the car have putty from the factory?
The engine has 5.0 instead of ASC Mclaren logo on it. Did all cars come with the ASC tag on the plenum?
Am I missing something here not being able to enter the car into the registry?
Bought the car in New Hampshire and drove it home to PA.
Found all the parts are available on ascmclaren.com
tfs2121

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The muscat plaque i think is only on pass side. Engine should say 5.0l. The ascmclaren plate is not factory.

Are you getting an error when trying to add your car to the registry?

Yes ascmclaren.com aka hank or Henry is the only place to get new parts.

Welcome!
tazslh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks tfs2121. No error registering simply having trouble navigating and finding link to rgeister. NOOB error probably.
EDIT: I guess if I looked a little bit I could have found it!
Will get my info in soon.
Does anyone know of any gatherings of owners to compare cars and share conversation. Can travel a bit to participate.
dahberg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodward Dream Cruise in Michigan mid August seems to have the most McLaren's and foureye fomoco vehicles gathered together at any one particular time. Welcome to the group! Post pictures when you get a chance.
fascat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site tazslh! Would like to see some pics as well.
tazslh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will get pics up soon. fascat I see you are in Greensburg, not too far away. Business gets me over that way occasionally. What do you have?
Found mine in New Hampshire and flew in from Dallas after delivering my 1974 Gran Torino Brougham with 40,000 original miles to its new owner there. Drove the car back from New Hampshire and got 50 miles from home and broke down. Catalytic converter plugged and she almost caught on fire Sad . Waiting to get her worked on now and drive it.
CocoLoco

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the group from yet another Western PA'er!!! I'll be going to Carlisle in June. Always a nice show. Maybe see you there ?? And you and fascat are both invited to the All-Ford Powered Show in Harmarville June 22. This is the 30th annual show sponsored by my club - the Greater Pittsburgh Mustang Club. Judged show, lots of awards. Only $10. PM me if you would like more info. Check out www.gpmc.org as well.

And Woodward is overhelming. Been there many times. Even better this year because Mustang Memories is on the same weekend (Sunday). Two super events. I may take my McLaren and my Stang.
1985 Red ascMcLaren Convertible #218
1990 Seafoam Auqa ascMcLaren Convertible #263
2001 Yellow Mustang Convertible
1977 Red Bonneville Coupe
tazslh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to come but have a previous obligation which puts me in Hazen PA for the better part of the week and I don't leave till Sunday AM.
PM me a address and I will see how the GPS can plot my course and a time to get there.
Thanks for the invite Steve Very Happy
fascat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tazslh - I have a 1986 Coupe. It is black and silver. I got it on 2012. Maybe when you are out this way we can get together. I'm not sure how far Cresson is from here.

CocLoco - I plan on coming to the GPMC show in Harmarville. I have attended a couple of your club's shows in the past and have always had a good time. Not so sure about Carlisle. Have a baptism in the family on June 7th.
tazslh

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascat I am a little over a hour and 15 away. Ebensburg area if you are familiar with it. Would be great to get together sometime with some other ASC owners.
There is a show in my area August 11th that usually brings out 250 to 300 cars http://www.portageareasummerfest.com/ would be great if we could get some cars here and represent.
I am there every year with a car and always have a great time.
fascat

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is not to bad. I will keep Aug 11th in mind and see what is going on closer to then. It would be neat to get a few together.
CocoLoco

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too. Lots going on this summer but I'll add that date to my list. Woodward is the following weekend, so I'll do my best to attend.
1985 Red ascMcLaren Convertible #218
1990 Seafoam Auqa ascMcLaren Convertible #263
2001 Yellow Mustang Convertible
1977 Red Bonneville Coupe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> WELCOME! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: