ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stolen Car Trailer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kentennis

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Stolen Car Trailer Reply with quote

Every morning I check the Sheriff's website in Pasco County, Florida for neighborhood activity. This morning something caught my eye. A stolen car from 1022 Gunn Hwy. A quick check confirmed that a trailer was stolen from Henry Huisman. At least it wasn't one of the rare McLarens. I talked to Henry and the trailer has his name all over it. Ballsy thieves, even if not too bright.

Last edited by Kentennis on Fri May 09, 2014 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how the car will turn up.

As parts? Abandoned?

Do you have the color/year of the car so we can be on the lookout?

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
tazslh

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Stolen Car Reply with quote

Kentennis wrote:
Every morning I check the Sheriff's website in Pasco County, Florida for neighborhood activity. This morning something caught my eye. A stolen car from 1022 Gunn Hwy. A quick check confirmed that a trailer was stolen from Henry Huisman. At least it wasn't one of the rare McLarens. I talked to Henry and the trailer has his name all over it. Ballsy thieves, even if not too bright.

How do you go about determining if your car is one of the "RARE" McLarens?
As a one of 2678 car all of our cars are rare!
My car as optioned in 1987 is a one of one car( the beige interior makes it that way also it is lacking cruise control which I hate)
My understanding is the majority of these were produced with cruise control.
I believe if we all dig deep enough we can show each of our cars as ULTRA rare
I am trying to justify a engine rebuild on a 55,000 mile car right now.
Our cars are ALL very exclusive and in MHO rare.
Am I missing something here as a NOOB that makes one certain ASC more desirable?
capri50asc

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Stolen Cars Reply with quote

I live outside of Detroit as my sales territory takes me in some of the worst parts of the city. Many times I see the body of a Mustang sitting on a side street. (just a roof and the rear QT panels and frame) The cars are stolen for parts in most cases the owners around here never see there cars again. But some cars are put into containers and shipped to other countries
where titles are not needed. When I take my cars out and start to return home I check to see if I'm being followed. The crooks around here check to see when you come and go, and get into your garage and steal your car. Also carjackings are big in the Detroit area. Some gas stations you can not even stop at. They will walk up to you with a weapon and force you to take your keys. They drive off with your car, When I'm in Detroit I leave 10-20 feet between my car and the car in front of me, in case I need to escape from a carjacker. Even at red lights we go through them for the fear of being attacked.

Chris

86 ASC vert #0082 23,000 miles
86 Capri 5.0L 87,000 Miles
73 Cougar 76,000 Miles
14 Honda Ridgeline
12 Ford Fusion

Shocked Shocked Shocked
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen Car Reply with quote

tazslh wrote:

He's talking about the prototype ascMcLarens, etc that Hank has.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen Cars Reply with quote

capri50asc wrote:
I live outside of Detroit as my sales territory takes me in some of the worst parts of the city....

Back when NYC was bad, the rule was that if you needed to drive in or near the city, you only take your $hitmobile. You keep your nice car at home.

Just like you have a spare wallet with a bunch of old credit cards/receipts and $10 in it to throw at the mugger so you can get away.

Glad I'm away from that anymore.

-Mike
Kentennis

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read my post folks It was a TRAILER that was stolen. NOT a McLaren.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kentennis wrote:
Read my post folks It was a TRAILER that was stolen. NOT a McLaren.

Lol. Sorry.

If you read your post, it sounds like a trailer was stolen with a car on it.

Quote:

Phew! Glad to know it was only a trailer (still sucks for Hank though).

-Mike
CocoLoco

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Stolen Car Reply with quote

negusm wrote:
tazslh wrote:

He's talking about the prototype ascMcLarens, etc that Hank has.

You are both right IMHO. Because of the low number produced, they are indeed ALL rare. Given so few survive, they are even more rare. But some are indeed more rare than others. Year, color, model, options, quantities all play a role. For instance, mine is one of 100 made in 1985 in red. I have the 5 speed, so that makes it even more rare - don't know for sure how many, but my guess is 20-25 or so. And it has been restored to near original. So yes - it is rare. But not as rare as the prototypes, some colors, etc. So we should all be proud of our "rare" cars no matter what.

OK. I'll get off my soap box now. Thanks for indulging me.
1985 Red ascMcLaren Convertible #218
1990 Seafoam Auqa ascMcLaren Convertible #263
2001 Yellow Mustang Convertible
1977 Red Bonneville Coupe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: