ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have a car cover for sale?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nmilano

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Anyone have a car cover for sale? Reply with quote

I have finally purchased a very nice McLaren that will spend most of its life in the garage. However, it may need to spend some time in the driveway and I need to find a very nice all weather cover. However, I have found out that they don't make them for this car. 1986 Mercury Convertible...any suggestions? Does anyone have one or know where I can get one ..thanks!
fascat

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your purchase. I have an '86 Coupe and use a cover made for a 1987-1993 Mustang GT. I had it when I owned a 1990 GT. It fits like it is made for it. It is an older Evolution 4 material. It has the mirror pockets. When it was on my '90 GT, it would get rained on but the car would remain dry. Maybe one made for a Mustang convertible would fit.
nmilano

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much fastcat.
fascat

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I think I got mine from California Car Cover Company. Go to their website and they have a lot of info on there about the different fabrics offered. Mine is a fabric called Evolution 4. It is old and I don't think they make it anymore. I'm sure they offer something better now. They can get pretty pricey. Might want to call them and see if they have any suggestions as to which one would fit the best. Their website is http://www.calcarcover.com/
CocoLoco

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one for mine in 2011. Here is the info from Covercraft :

Subject: FW: 1985 ASC McLaren Carpi convertible 2 seat roadster

I checked with our designer and the C13008 should work on this vehicle. This can be manufactured in any of our fabrics. A two letter code will be placed on the end to specify the fabric you wish to have it made from.

C13008 1986 MERCURY CAPRI CONV. ASC MCLAREN CONV.

It fits pretty good. I got mine in Block-It 380, tan color. I did cut a hole and added a grommet for the antenna screw that sticks up (after removing the whip antenna) and would eventually rip the cloth. . You can order the cover from any Covercraft dealer. Hope this helps.
1985 Red ascMcLaren Convertible #218
1990 Seafoam Auqa ascMcLaren Convertible #263
2001 Yellow Mustang Convertible
1977 Red Bonneville Coupe
nmilano

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the info
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: