ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stock vs Modified

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the jacK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Stock vs Modified Reply with quote

Let's face it. Only older folks bought these cars when they came out. Because they cost so much. There is really no market that understands the value. So what do you do? Keep that bone stock low mile. Hoping that the market will be there later. Or just enjoy the car and modify it and get the most out of that 302 engine. Maybe a 5 lug conversion. Disc brakes all around. What do you think?
MRBRUSER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my car is a 4500 mile car that i got apart with interior sold out of it no suspention just a complete body with motor and trans, parts are hard to find so i went all out with mods, would have i did it if it was all original i would have left the interior alone and still did the coyote swap and big brakes.
1988 asc coyote swapped
1993 coupe 347 stroker
2016 Shelby GT350
hanksgt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Stock vs Modified Reply with quote

I have only done bolt-ons for mods and kept the stock parts. I replaced all the springs & front control arms with replacement Ford Performance parts so I didn't save the worn out stuff. On the rear I put boxed arms and FRRP drive shaft, so I saved the originals.

I don't want to cut my car up in any way. I met someone that put a stock Mustang interior in their ASC. Mine has 200K miles and I love driving it. I just don't commute to work in it anymore. Your car so do what makes you happy. I don't know if I'll still be around if/when the market realizes what these cars are. Other people have said it here, a lot more work was put in to these cars then Saleens and Roush where parts were bolted on.

the jacK wrote:
Let's face it. Only older folks bought these cars when they came out. Because they cost so much. There is really no market that understands the value. So what do you do? Keep that bone stock low mile. Hoping that the market will be there later. Or just enjoy the car and modify it and get the most out of that 302 engine. Maybe a 5 lug conversion. Disc brakes all around. What do you think?

'89 ASC #176
'87 ASC #134
'85 GT
MRBRUSER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

. All the work went into the top conversion. Fox body saleens where just bolt on parts but they where faster better handling and the five lug set up with the rear disc brakes worked great. I wish Asc would have put some performance mods into the cars. I own a 2013 roush raptor that comes supercharged form roush. Just bolt on parts. For me I enjoy my mclaren. Now after the coyote swap. With big brakes. Makeing it a resto mod is the best thing I ever did.
1988 asc coyote swapped
1993 coupe 347 stroker
2016 Shelby GT350
U-MAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ! I can go along with what has been said, as far as resto mod changes. I also save some of the parts that I take off, But I don't plan on selling my "vert . Just more junk in the loft over the garage. The thing I love most is the fact that these cars are not "cookie cutter". Many of the things we all change are needed, be it age or just to up date our pride and joys. Rear discs are also in my job jar, not that I need them , but they look cool ! Cost too much to go fast now, I can buy a lot of wax with that money . We could say that, Saleen just came along at the wrong time.
the jacK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:58 am    Post subject: 1989 #199 mods Reply with quote

Mine was already modified. Came with alum driveshaft and loop. 4 wheel brake conversion. 5 lug axles and 17" mustang rims. Hurst shorty 5 speed shifter. 3.73 gears. Flowmaster exhaust. Adj upper and lower control arms. And just like this it's a beast. Next month SVE cold air intake 70mm throttle body BBK shorty headers and off road x pipe. Then to finish it off a SLP loudmouth exhaust system. Going to add about 70 hp and this car don't need it. Can't wait so I say keep the exterior stock except rims and tires. Interior as close to bone stock as possible. Then mods the guts out of the engine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: