ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extreme rear passenger sag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teeter257

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:50 am    Post subject: Extreme rear passenger sag Reply with quote

Hi guys I recently purchased a 1988 McLaren I picked it up cheap and am trying to get her back in good shape but my first objective is to get it back in good drivable condition it does run and drive but I am having some extreme sag (4" or so) on the rear passenger side like nothing I've ever seen before wondering if anyone has any idea as to what's causing it I've replaced shocks the coil spring is not damaged that I can see was gonna replace springs and upper and lower control arms but don't want to go crazy on buying stuff if it's not gonna fix the problem thank you in advance for any help or advice
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check all your suspension areas.

Many times it is a front suspension problem that causes that a rear slant. But usually its that 1-2" that drives Fox owners crazy.

4" does seem like a lot though and I would suspect the rear as well.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
tfs2121

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a broken spring. Count how many coils the left side has and compare to the right.
Teeter257

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replies I ordered some coil springs cause everything else looks OK for the moment I can't figure out how to post pics from my phone or else I'd post some of the lean I'll update if the springs help or not
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: