ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting Rid of My 1986 Capri 1MEBP79M2GF619742

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HELMUT RONER

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Getting Rid of My 1986 Capri 1MEBP79M2GF619742 Reply with quote

I'm only posting the car for sale here because I hope that someone with body work experience will rescue it. Plans for this car have not worked out as I had hoped. I've had more maintenance problems with it than I've had any fun with it. Previous ownership was not kind to this car, either. I had to unf**k a few things here and there since owning it. It has been parked since late February 2015 since the night the front fascia decided to unattach itself on the driver side. I had enough of it and drive a Sport Trac now because I needed something more reliable to get me to/from school now that I'm attending. I've posted numerous times on the ASC Facebook page about this car, too. On my personal FB page I've set the album for this car to public for anyone to view. I've tried to be as detailed as possible with the car. I just don't want to look at it anymore. Currently, it is not legal to drive. Sitting under a tree collecting leaves and pollen.

Located outside of MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida 33616. Monday thru Friday I work and go to school full time and sometimes my weekends rotate with days on or off, so interested individuals will have to work out a schedule in advance if you want to see it.

Link to FB album.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/helmut.roner.9/media_set?set=a.10150667459803178.399688.661823177&type=3

Mods (Done by p/o):
3G alternator.
TFS 170 heads.
Black-ribbed Ford Racing valve covers.
TFS Stage 1 camshaft.
FMS 1.6 roller rockers (some roller tips are flat-spotted).
24lb. injectors.
70mm BBK throttle body and spacer. EGR deleted with RJM dummy sensor and EGR block-off plate in place.
Stock bottom end (E7TE; p/o said it was original 86, but I found it isn't when I upgraded to PMGR starter).
Cardone remanufactured stock distributor with new OEM TFI.
A/C removed except compressor was left in place.
Block needs a good flush. Original freeze plugs are rusting & need replacement. I have a brass plug set to go with it.
SN95 fan with a thick copper/brass radiator and Motorcraft cap.
Mass air converted using the discontinued FMS conversion kit, A9L, and C&L 76mm MAF sensor.
Engine has cold idle issues. Studders and backfires through throttle body even after stabbing the distributor 360 degrees when cold. My guess is that timing dots were aligned on the wrong stroke.

OEM replacement Airtex fuel pump recently installed by me.
New ignition switch on the steering column. NAPA headlight switch.

P/o cut out the original stereo harness. No speakers in the rear. Top dash pad needs replacement.

Stock T-5 needs to be rebuilt. Grinds shifting 1st to 2nd too quickly. Sometimes there's a dead 1st gear entry that will scare you. It will "chunk" when shifting into 1st.
Summit clutch cable (adjusts at the fork).
Aluminum driveshaft.
The base of the shifter handle is Pro 5.0 or similar.
3:73 gears (I confirmed when I changed rear gear oil).

The front suspension is SN95, but none of it was freshened up before installation which the p/o should've done.
94-95 spindles.
PBR brake calipers.
Unknown brand of caster/camber plates (assuming Maximum Motorsports).
The alignment is way off. Steering wheel is not straight when driving straight.
Billet steering shaft adapter.
Cobra steering rack (supposedly).
Disc brake 8.8 rearend (p/o said it's from a 1996). E-brake cables were cut before I bought the car and never reinstalled to this day.
1999 Cobra wheels. I believe the centercaps are generic replacements, but the wheels have Ford numbers on them.
I installed OEM rear springs with new isolators and Gabriel quad shocks.

Body:
Entire care needs to be repainted after body work.
Nose is flaked. Front lower fascia is cracked/broken. Fascia on front left just hanging open.
Drivers side fender is dented up from one of the previous owners towing with a dolly and not locking the steering column.
P/o had frame rails reinforced with plates welded in. Hole for clutch cable bracket was not drilled.

Both doors are rusted at bottom. Power windows work.
Driver side quarter window sail panel broke off, but I have another with all studs intact, but needs to be stripped of paint.
Both rear quarter panels need patch panels in front and behind wheels.
There is rust between roof and hatch.
It wasn't until after I bought the car when I put it on the lift did I discover the underside spraypainted as if to hide problems.
Floorboard under foot pedals is eaten away.
Hole rusted into front left frame rail under battery tray.
Heater core needs replacement. It leaked when I reconnected it. P/o said it worked before (bull$h*t).

BBK shorty headers connect to a Prochamber midpipe and into Flowmaster mufflers with tailpipes.

Since the day I bought it I keep a handwritten log of the maintenance I've done in the glove compartment. I feel that she can be saved. I've seen Foxbodies in FAR WORSE condition restored to glory. This Capri needs to be stripped down to a shell for restoration in my opinion. I just don't have the means, money, patience, or time to do it anymore.

The car is driveable, but doesn't run right and not as strong as it should with the parts the engine has. I've come down from the 4K I was asking before. Take it away as it is for $3,500 ca$h as it sits.

May be a few things here and there that I can't think of at the moment, but if you have any questions feel free to post them.
HELMUT RONER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$3,000

Would make someone a nice winter project. I'm almost to a point where I won't care who buys it or what becomes of it when it's gone and going to post up on other sites and FB groups.

Have some new SN95 Parts not installed to freshen up the front end and a N.O.S. Ford heater core w/ restrict or to go with car (not separating parts, they will only go with the Capri).
Kyle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn i wish i could take it off your hands, id love to have a black w/grey stripe to go with my grey w/black stripe asc lol. sadly you're do far away and more importantly, the wife said no no no, no more cars. best of luck selling it, put it up on foureyedpride.com, might have good luck there if no bites here
1986 ascMclaren Coupe #105

Initial success or total failure - AF EOD
dime_store_pony wrote:
granddaddy said "son, clowns wear bowties and if'n i ever catch ya in one
i'll take a picture and show all the girls"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
capriguy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Very interested in the car. Could you send me some pictures. Can't view on facebook.
Thanks. Stewart.
HELMUT RONER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Stewart, I replied to your PMs. Bear with me as I don't have a lot of time due to school and work, but I will contact you. Capri is still here. Thanks.
HELMUT RONER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: SOLD Reply with quote

SOLD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: