ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heater Core Replacement 89 ASC McLaren Mustang

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mustang Munkey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: Heater Core Replacement 89 ASC McLaren Mustang Reply with quote

Friends, I need to replace the heater core on an 89 ASC McLaren Mustang. I have searched old posts and learned enough to know that it is going to be a very challenging project. In several of the old posts, folks who have done this in the past have shared links that apparently show some step by step instructions on how to remove the dash and how to remove the heater core. Unfortunately those links now lead to dead ends.

I wonder if any of you who have replaced your heater core either have pictures and instructions you could share with me based on your experience with your project or if any of you know of links online that are still good that might offer some helpful pictures and or instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Mark
86MclarenCapri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just replaced the Heater core on my 86 and it wasn't fun. It wasn't that bad, but it took a while and I needed a hand to get the heater core in the box. I didn't take the dash completely out and I didn't take the heater/AC box out, either. I did make a note of every bolt I took out and taped and marked them. I then just reversed the order putting everything back together.

I have an AC car and I'm kicking myself for not replacing the evaporator core at the same time. I would definitely recommend doing that! Looks like I'm taking the dash apart again this winter.

Also, get a good heater core! Don't go for cheap.

It would be a good time to also change out your heater hoses and don't forget to replace (or install) the reducer in one of the hoses.

I hate to send you to another forum, but there are detailed steps and descriptions on the forums on Four Eyed Pride. I also watched a few YouTube videos on the subject.
67 Mustang GTA Convt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: