ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'86 White/blue roadster in FL on eBay
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capri50asc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: If you need help let me know Reply with quote

If anyone has questions on the 86 ASC Capris or hardtops let me know

Chris

1986 ASC Capri Vert #0082
1986 Capri RS 5.0 5 Speed
2014 Honda Ridgeline RTL
1973 Mercury Cougar Smile
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,
I am sure I will have some before long. However to get off on the right foot with my Florida 1986 ?? The seller mentioned he would put excess parts in vehicle for shipment including the ground effects for side and rear. I believe they are a custom add on. Thanks and look forward to your input. Dean
Album
capri50asc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Optional ground effects Reply with quote

The Optional ASC/McLaren equipment was the following as I read it off the order form I have:

Recaro Seats : Heated , leather surface, adjustable leg supports and dual speakers with adjustable lumber (air operated pumps) with three bags per seat.

Whistler Radar Detector with remote mount behind the passengers high beam

Performance decor package included Ground effect skirts headlamp and tailight covers. ( Hank sells the head light covers that are repops and darker in color)

ASC Floor mats

140 Mph speedometer (Ford Motorsport) This does NOT have a overlay on the surface

As for the ground effects there is (4) pcs A front air dam style that has Hella fog lights with a mounting bracket. You will need to cut the front bumper just below the belt line and insert it behind the top facia. The side extenders mount to the rocker panels The rear part fits under the rear bumpier, Make sure you have at least 1/2 around the tail pipes to keep heat from damaging the part

Thanks Chris Very Happy
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris Ok that is a help. Much appreciated think I have the front end for the ground effects not sure but the fog lights are in the center of the front unlike some of the others I see in the pics. Thanks again Dean
Album
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now sure the information in the heading was correct it is indeed a 1986 with the wood trim dash based on pictures does the number correspond with the vehicle as in #49 of 350 and where would I find that type of information. Thanks to all for your support with this new journey. Dean
Album
4-barrel Mike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Dean! Celebrate

Mike
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike certainly a benefit to have a site like this while I am new ,I will ask you the experienced what is the best repair manual to have for these vehicles. Thanks again Dean
Album
capri50asc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Front Air Dam/Spolier Reply with quote

Dean

The Front Air Dam you have on your car is the one I have on my '86 Capri RS That Air dam was not used on the ASC Coupe or verts.

It was used on the following cars:

1979 Ford Mustangs Pace Cars and Cobras 80-81 Part number starts with
D9 This air dam was cut different to fit into the belt line (moldings) and the 1982 Ford Mustang GT with the early 4,2 engines (rare) and the return of the 5.0 liter

In 1984 Mercury used it in the Capri RS and (84) Turbo models and the part number changed to E4 It was then used on the 1985-86 RS/5,0L Capris with the 5,0 engines.

The side extenders are all the same and are being repoed by Johns Cougars in Holland Michigan

Dean there is 6 pcs to the air dam you have and it was cut into the top part of the bumper OR someone used the top fascia from a 85-86 Capri RS and just added it on the car Hank at ASC McLaren.Com has the correct one if you need one or go to Ebay Go to Search. Type in asc mclaren and you will find it in the listings. Hank will also have the Hella Fog Lights on his web site if you need those and a light bar for the correct look on your car. Then remove that Air Dam with the light bar and the two marcel lights and sell it as a package and it will bring $300-$400

NOTE the Light bar is the same from 1979-86

Thanks Chris
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks again Chris now I got it. Dean
Album
Kentennis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

86MclarenCapri wrote:
OK, sounds like you don't need that AC working, right?!

I went through uShip to get mine delivered from California to VA, It was like $950.

You're on the ball!

I had a 65 Thunderbird delivered from Arkansas to Florida for $600.00.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds reasonable hope I get an offer in that neighborhood lol probably double. Have some more information on the vehicle it is a Florida vehicle and I await the actual carfax and title. So things are moving all be it slowly. Have a great night all Dean
Album
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I receive the VIN # and here it is looks like you were all right a mistaken number on listing took it to the 1984

1MEBP79M6GF604001

Thanks all
Album
4-barrel Mike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on eBay with the VIN immediately above (1MEBP79M6GF604001). Still in Florida. No reserve starting at $.99, buy it now $1,750.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Other-Makes-asc-Mclaren-/131995479495?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1ebb8b2dc7:g:gnEAAOSwZJBX~Bqj&item=131995479495

Mike
86MclarenCapri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: What happened?? Reply with quote

Looks like it is back on eBay???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Other-Makes-asc-Mclaren-/131995479495?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1ebb8b2dc7:g:gnEAAOSwZJBX~Bqj&item=131995479495
67 Mustang GTA Convt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: