ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

86 Eurocoupe for sale - doesn't quite look right..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
86MclarenCapri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: 86 Eurocoupe for sale - doesn't quite look right.. Reply with quote

Great looking car!! I hope he gets his asking price for it--it would help the rest of ut.

So, it looks like it has the stock Capri RS front air dam with Marchal lights. It has the rest of the McLaren ground effects. It might be a Xenon air dam..

Is that a stock Eurocoupe setup??

Also, looks like he swapped out the McLaren mesh wheels for the Saleen mesh wheels.

Eurocoupe on eBay
67 Mustang GTA Convt
85McLaren

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that air dam has been brought up before - rather here or on the four eyed site. it not quite the same as the factory. You can look at the fender/bumper cover lines and the spats/fender extensions. They do not line up. Also you can look at the material at the font - near the fog lamps. not quite the same. Can't remember if an answer to that air dam was ever found (company who made it, etc.

It is also not the xenon air dam. I had one of those years ago - unless they had another type.

Jason
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Clean car.

the Wheels look like ARE wheels that you see in Black all the time
86MclarenCapri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see that the air dam isn't Xenon, you're right, the seams don't line up. the Xenon ones that I have seen do not have that seam.

Usually, the RS air dam looks really good on Capris--this one just doesn't look right. I think it may be that the car is so bright white that it doesn't show the detail. Perhaps it would set it off with the stripe kit.

I've been thinking about adding the RS air dam to my roadster. Kinda rethinking it, now.
67 Mustang GTA Convt
85McLaren

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention also - if you looked at the font very carefully, you will see that is doesn't attach like the RS air dam does. it fits over the bumper cover - like most other air dams do. You can barely see rivets and look at the corner where it fits over the cover.

The factory RS air dam slipped "under" the RS bumper cover and was attached with "leg" bolts through an "attaching" strip - where no rivets or etc would be needed or seen.

The factory mclaren dam (aftermarket) also uses the standard aftermarket way of slipping over and rivets or whatever you choose to use - and would be covered with a "finishing strip"/molding to hide the installation somewhat. It used the "GS"/non RS bumpter cover as the non-RS cover had more "meat" at the bottom since no air dam with fog lights were installed on the non-RS's. The mclaren cover requires you to cut some of the bumper cover from the bottom before you install the airdam.

So looking at it -as it looks like it slips over the bumper cover makes me think it is still a non/RS bumper cover - as the RS covers had no to little "meat" to attach an "aftermarket" air dam "over" it to rivet.

Jason
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: