ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rear Shock Tower Brace 86 convertible - Install pics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
86MclarenCapri

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Rear Shock Tower Brace 86 convertible - Install pics Reply with quote

So I finally got around to installing a rear shock tower brace in my 86 convertible. I struggled with figuring out how to do it for a long time, but once I pulled the carpet aside in the convertible top bay, It was easy. By that, I mean it was easy to get to but I had to do a LOT of grinding to get it to fit over the ASC bodywork.

I ended up taking a lot of the bottom part of the bracket off, but I plan on welding it in, so it shouldn't be a problem as far as the structure. I will tack the top part of the brackets on, then hammer the bottom parts to conform to the curve of the shock tower. It isn't a very good fit--the instructions make it look perfect, but I'm thinking ASC did some mods to the towers.

I was also worried about how I was going to have to cut the carpet to get it in but that was easy, too. I thought I would have to put the back carpet under the bar and then cut the side pieces. ASC has cardboar backing on the side and bottom of the back carpet piece with a pretty large gap inbetween the cardboard. It easily lays over the bar and it looks like they meant it to be there!

Here are some pics:

67 Mustang GTA Convt
4-barrel Mike

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Job

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: