ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hella Lamp Model number?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChuckG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Hella Lamp Model number? Reply with quote

On the Capris, we know ASC used Hella driving/fog lamps.

What doesn't seem clear is which model number. I have two very functional lamps with stone chips in the lenses. Like to just replace the lenses, if I can.

Now, a quick look says Hella Model 181 looks the same, but I thought I should ask the group before pulling any triggers.
fascat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck,

Not sure if these will be of any help or not, but here are the numbers on the inside of mine:

There is a sticker on the back of the lens housing where the bulb goes in. Mine are as follows:

1ND 126 449-00
8377 R19

There is a "B" in a square and an "E1" in a circle. There is also an "H3" printed on the sticker. There is also the number "193" in blue. The "B", "E1", "H3" and the "193" are in between the the above lines.

I'm not sure which one, if any, would be the part number though.
ChuckG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any, I would think 193 since I do see 181 around and those look similar.

Alas, nothing comes up on eBay as 193 Hella.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have several of these Hella fog lamp sets.

There are a few variations in the plastic housing, etc. Some housings are a tiny bit larger and squarer than the correct fitting ones...but just a bit. I think you can get them to fit...but they will scrape. The GLASS is all the same size though.

Supposedly they all came from BMW cars. The numbers on them don't seem to cross reference to much or at least I can't figure it out.

Google search 1984 BMW E24...or 1985 BMW 635

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1667839-Impossible-to-find-fog-lights-for-E24s

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/63121468173.htm?pn=63-12-1-468-173-BOE&SVSVSI=BE24

Lists a part number.

Good luck on your hunt. 30 year old lights aren't easy to find Smile

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
ChuckG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a set, but let them go thinking I'd never find another Coupe. Well....

Mine work fine, but the car is out of Texas and apparently, they have gravel storms all the time. Lenses have big stone chips.

Now if the glass is all the same, I can buy just the glass and replace mine.

Now, to get metric measurements off mine to make sure I'm dealing apples to apples.
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChuckG wrote:
I had a set, but let them go thinking I'd never find another Coupe. Well....

Mine work fine, but the car is out of Texas and apparently, they have gravel storms all the time. Lenses have big stone chips.

Now if the glass is all the same, I can buy just the glass and replace mine.

Now, to get metric measurements off mine to make sure I'm dealing apples to apples.

If you read the thread I posted, even the right sized glass are hard to find now...however I think that is going to be easier than the whole assembly as the glass was used in multiple assemblies.

For the rest of you, you may want to put on some plastic clear tape. It should cut down on glass chips substantially.

Hella covers are harder to find than the lights.

-Mike
ChuckG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I read the post. That's where I found the metric measurements of the glass available for BMW lenses and the size differences BMW owners are encountering.

What isn't known by me is what the measurements are for the lenses I have are, in metric. I will have to measure to determine if one of the many lenses I find on eBay will suffice.

What I have found reasonably priced are lots of Model 181 lenses. Not knowing what model number ASC used, again, creates confusion.

I certainly would have and will have protection on any new ones, but the car came to me this way.
steve lewis

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: hella lamps Reply with quote

Is this the lamp that people here look out for .. or perhaps it is different

Well I was going to post a picture // but can't work out how to do so .... any help?

I normally insert a .jpg

Steve[/img]
steve lewis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: hella fog lights Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAAB-900-classic-GENUINE-HELLA-SAAB-OE-NEW-fog-light-Carlsson-airflow/222689823022?hash=item33d959092e:g:rzYAAOSwoudW6~cu

I have a limited supply

lense number is 30112625900

Hella fog lights[/img]
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those will "fit" and no one will be the wiser but those are a little bit different.

The originals have a slight curve to the black plastic housing. on the top and bottom as the light faces you.

This version has the pig tail that our originals didn't come with.

Also, those little nubbins on the screw holes just pop out when you remove the screws. The screws can be re-inserted without them. Those nubbins are for holding SAAB/BMW covers on.

-Mike
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct ones:

negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The glass part SHOULD (I'm like 99% sure) interchange between the housings if you have good original housings.
steve lewis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say your picture is identical to my unit

Steve
steve lewis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

negusm wrote:
Those will "fit" and no one will be the wiser but those are a little bit different.

The originals have a slight curve to the black plastic housing. on the top and bottom as the light faces you.

This version has the pig tail that our originals didn't come with.

Also, those little nubbins on the screw holes just pop out when you remove the screws. The screws can be re-inserted without them. Those nubbins are for holding SAAB/BMW covers on.

-Mike

The curved units I also have reflectors for - I can't put pictures here - no idea how to do it Steve slewis@btinternet.com .. for pictures to email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: