ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1988 ASC Mclaren Mustang #1287

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
07SGT5687

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject: 1988 ASC Mclaren Mustang #1287 Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I'm posting a unique listing today. 1988 ASC McLaren Mustang #1287. 25,212 original miles.

I found this car on NextDoor (like Facebook for neighbors) in 2015. Looked interesting... not like usual Fox convertible. Come to be that I apparently had no previous knowledge of ASC Mclaren Mustangs or their history. Well, I found out fast and realized that this was a unique car, with only 25k miles on it. I had been looking to try my hand at "flipping" unique cars and quickly did some research and bought it from our neighbor. Car is/was super clean and CARFAX validated the low mileage. I did notice a couple things that required attention though - torn plastic on rear window (all new window plastic has professionally been replaced), shifted funny ($11 plastic linkage piece was replaced) and a badly chipped rear tail light cover (replaced).

After I got those initial few items fixed, I realized this thing ran AWESOME! Best riding fox body I'd ever ridden in. My wife and I would tool it around the neighborhood from time to time and every single time it would garner a compliment. Rides tight but comfortable down the road and through corners. I know ASC did some suspension work to these, but I don't know exactly what. All I know it that it handles way better than any other 80's Mustang I've heard of!

I'm no mechanic, but I do most of my own work on my cars... and this thing runs beautifully! I really had taken to like it. With the cam Mclaren put in these, it's the stoutest stock 5.0 I've ridden in or driven.

I'm an open book. I want to get this lady off to whatever her next stage of life is and I'd like to free up the garage space. Send me any offer you feel is reasonable. Ask any question, I'll answer best I can.

Photos: http://s114.photobucket.com/user/jre...aren%20Mustang

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: