ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pull Down Motors on Amazon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capri50asc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Pull Down Motors on Amazon Reply with quote

If you have a 1984-86 ASC McLaren Convertible there is a Replacement "pull down motor" on Amazon in the Automotive section. Its made by Dorman part number is 747-000 This is a perfect replacement to the one that was used on our cars. The one used on the 84-86 ASC McLaren is the one GM used on the 84-86 Cadillac's trunks. I purchased two of them and replaced one just a couple of years ago. Works perfect! Bolts in and the wiring snaps in.

Just $53.00

Chris Cool
4-barrel Mike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good number! Celebrate

$51.79 on rockauto: http://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearch/?partnum=747-000+

and:

Quote:
RockAuto.com Discount Code
5% Discount Code: 07D7FB2B19E045
Expires: December 9, 2016

from foureyedpride.com

Mike
capri50asc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Perfect! Thanks!

Chris Smile
mandra

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great info. Ordering one as a backup!
4-barrel Mike

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current rockauto discount:

5% Discount Code: AB8D6974302844
Expires: March 9, 2017

from foureyedpride.com

Mike
randyveach

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Pull down motor for 1986 asc Mclaren Reply with quote

Chris,
The 747-000 doesn't look like the one I took out of my 86. Are you sure about this? Do I need to remove brackets to make it work? Thanks
Randy

1986 ASC McLaren (Red Convertible) # 0058

Believe in your dreams
capri50asc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Pull Down Motor 84-86 Capri ASC Reply with quote

Randy

It will fit and lines up just like the one ASC put in. Remove the old one and pull off the STOP switch and place it on the the new switch , Make sure you do no let the deck lid corners hit the tonneau cover . The Motor used on our cars is from the 84-87 Cadillac full size rear drive car. So Dorman has copied it on part number 747-000 I'm on my second because broken the new type by putting my bicycle wheel in and cracked it. I ordered two and have one in a small kit with 10 mm wrench and socket wrench. I can replace it on the go in 5 minutes if it breaks on a cruise or at a car show On the Amazon site type in 1985 Cadillac on the top section and it says it fits. Also get some Loctite Metal Magic 10 Minute epoxy. Mix it and put it on the clear case all around it and it will reinforce the plastic body. Remember as we drive the ASC Capris the cover moves a little, Bumps, Railroad track and just using the motor puts hairline cracks in the housing. Its the "weak" link between the cover latch and the body of the car. If you need to send me pictures of your set up

I have mine mastered

Chris Wink
randyveach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,
I noticed a greasy substance on the gear inside. Do you know what it is?

Believe in your dreams
capri50asc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Pull Down Motor 84-86 Capri ASC Reply with quote

Randy

That's a plastic gear lube that keeps the center gear from binding up , prevents wear, and provides a smooth operation. It also keeps moisture from building up inside the housing in cold temps, that could freeze up and crack

Use what you can use out of the old housing or you can use White Lithium Grease.

Chris Smile
randyveach

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: pull down Reply with quote

Chris,
I'm almost there. I had to shave off a small plastic bump off the 747-000 to make it fit. Now I'm trying to fit the black plastic plug onto the new clear plastic pull down hat I purchased. First of all, do they sell the electrical (black plastic) piece that I'm trying to put on? On the black plastic plug it has a switch on the back, should it be up or down. Any tips for getting this bad boy on?
Randy

Believe in your dreams
capri50asc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject: Need Picture of small plug Reply with quote

Randy

Can you send me a picture? Where is the plug on the motor?

Chris Smile
randyveach

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: pull down Reply with quote

Chris
I know how to send an attachment to an email, but I don't know how to send one through the forum. My email address is randyveach@gmail.com. send me an email and I will reply with pictures.
Randy

Believe in your dreams
shelbyscarab

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Pull Down Motors on Amazon Reply with quote

capri50asc wrote:
If you have a 1984-86 ASC McLaren Convertible there is a Replacement "pull down motor" on Amazon in the Automotive section. Its made by Dorman part number is 747-000 This is a perfect replacement to the one that was used on our cars. The one used on the 84-86 ASC McLaren is the one GM used on the 84-86 Cadillac's trunks. I purchased two of them and replaced one just a couple of years ago. Works perfect! Bolts in and the wiring snaps in.

Just $53.00

Chris Cool

You ASC Capri owners sure have it good compared to ASC Mustang owners on pull down motor availability and pricing.....

Shocked
1988 ASC McLaren #688
randyveach

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Pull Down Reply with quote

Chris,
I think I have it, but it doesn't seem to work (although it looks good). I have a couple of questions and hoped you might help me.

1. The upside down U shaped piece of metal, that the hook latches on. Is that non flexible (can't move side to side)? Sent you an 2 e-mail pictures ( C.jpg and D.jpg)

I also sent you a picture of what my pull down looks like with the 3 wire connector (E.jpg)

I'm tracing the 2 volt current from the switch from behind the drivers seat to the pull down. If current is there, I probably have problem with the pull down switch, or ground.
If no current is found going to the switch behind the drivers seat where to next?
Thanks Randy

Believe in your dreams
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: