ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

craigslist - 1986 Coupe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fascat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: craigslist - 1986 Coupe Reply with quote

Not mine. Had a friend send me the link. Anyone know anything about this one?

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/d/1986-mercury-capri-50-asc/6318472028.html
scoutdrivinrebel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the door panels. It looks like the car that was listed on Hank's site many years ago, (2004 maybe), located in NY at the time. The steering wheel is a non cruise though, so it might have been changed...or I guess it could be a different car. The door panels and mileage tell me it's the same car though. Just need to find out the number.

I tried to buy the NY car back then, but missed it by a few weeks. This was Way prior to me getting #77. It was #31. I believe the sunroof was a power moonroof, but I don;t remember for sure. Seems like it was unique. That car was in Texas last I heard, and sold not too long ago. It was listed on craigslist then also and I did inquire about it then. Only coupe I'd ever seen at that point with those door panels (the carpet goes up to the bottom of the arm rests). A few posts on here about it and the door panels. Nice car.
fascat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chris! Good to hear from you. I think your right. Good eye. I saw that one from Texas, #31, for sale on Autotrader not to long ago. Just searched for it but couldn't find it. The one on craigslist and the one that was in Texas also have the regular speaker grills and not the kenwwood ones. And they both have the non cruise wheel.

That sunroof is a removable one as the car has a bag for it in the hatch. That power sunroof car is #76.
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! sharp looking car. If anybody wants some local eyes on it LMK
scoutdrivinrebel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fascat wrote:
Hey Chris! Good to hear from you. I think your right. Good eye. I saw that one from Texas, #31, for sale on Autotrader not to long ago. Just searched for it but couldn't find it. The one on craigslist and the one that was in Texas also have the regular speaker grills and not the kenwwood ones. And they both have the non cruise wheel.

That sunroof is a removable one as the car has a bag for it in the hatch. That power sunroof car is #76.

Yep, and the more I think about it, I think I remember the guy telling me he changed the steering wheel. I saw the bag in the hatch area for the removable sunroof after I looked again at the pics.
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does Texas have white plates and Red letters? can seen part of it in one photo
scoutdrivinrebel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plumkrazy wrote:
does Texas have white plates and Red letters? can seen part of it in one photo

Could be one of our Antique Plates.

Looks like the craigslist ad has already been deleted.
fascat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are good! I have the pictures from the craigslist ad and the ad for the one in Texas. Looked at them and it does appear to be the same Texas plate ending in "N8". White plate with red letters. And it looks like an antique car in the middle. So it does look like that is #31.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: