ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Door stiker nut falling behind quarter panel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omario

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject: Door stiker nut falling behind quarter panel Reply with quote

Was replacing the bushing on the door striker and the nut that holds the striker assembly dropped in the quarter panel. Any advise on how to retrieve?
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a vert? or coupe?

I almost think I remember having this issue in my coupe. I think I had to remove the rear interior.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
ricko302

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nut falling down into the 1/4 panel...LOL...Been there! THAT was the one thing that made me take the car off the road and strip it down to a shell and redo it. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. I hope you don't spend as long as I did fixing that nut!
capri50asc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject: Striker/Bushing Repair Good Tip Reply with quote

On the 84-86 Capri Verts and 87-90 Mustang Verts , Hardtops and all Fords and Mercurys You do not need to remove the strikers from the inner door opening. Purchase form National Parts Depot part number M-22009-1A the cost is around $2.50 each.........Open the package and cut the long way the gray bushing . Boil a pot of water.....Drop the Bushing in.....Let it boil for about 30 seconds ........Use a pair of pliers and gloves . Pull the bushing out, spread the bushing apart and slip it over the striker. DONE I did this on my 86 Vert and 86 Capri RS and on my brothers town car......Do your doors rattle when you hit uneven roads, or when you slam doors there is a metal
to metal sound. Your bushings are gone.........ASC verts and Ford convertibles eat these bushing up do to the metal lock in the doors that wear the plastic out! Easy Fix!

Chris

86 Vert #0082
86 Capri RS 5 speed
73 Cougar
14 Honda Ridgeline
18 HR-V Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: