ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Performance Shop in Michigan recommendation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knsstang

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Performance Shop in Michigan recommendation Reply with quote

Hello all... I'm finally going to put some attention into my car. YouTube has me all fired up with the things I "should" be doing to my car. I'm looking for a Performance Shop that will install an IRS into my car. Also do the 130amp alternator upgrade, wire a relay in my fog light circuit so I can have it on without headlight. Install some Autometer gauges in my cluster and perform a good wheel alignment when I put the caster camber plates on.
I've called a few shops and instead of telling me where to go or recommend, they said since it's "competition" I would have to search for it myself. Any help or recommendation would be appreciated.
1989 Royal Gold Metallic #095 (225Hp)
2016 Kawasaki ZX14R (199.9Hp) (26,200 miles)
2013 Kia Optima (275Hp)
2012 GMC Yukon Denali (403Hp)
7ftbill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of my car club guys recommended Alex and Dave's in livonia. The front counter guy Alex is very knowledgeable but lacks a good customer service attitude. I brought my 86 to him, and was satisfied. He's owned an 87 or 88 ASC mustang.
They do a lot of classic cars.

I have not found a Ford specialized shop yet.
knsstang

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7ftbill wrote:
A lot of my car club guys recommended Alex and Dave's in livonia. The front counter guy Alex is very knowledgeable but lacks a good customer service attitude. I brought my 86 to him, and was satisfied. He's owned an 87 or 88 ASC mustang.
They do a lot of classic cars.

I have not found a Ford specialized shop yet.

Thanks... I'll look them up. I called "Oval Repair" on Plymouth Rd in Livonia. Receptionist said she would have tech call me back to see if he could do what I wanted. He never called. Hopefully I find a shop soon.
2013 Kia Optima (275Hp)
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you talk with Jason of GPIV I would not go to Oval Repair. He spent a lot of money and F@*** it up. Form what he told me. And their Mechanic sounds like a real piece of work. But ask Jason
knsstang

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plumkrazy wrote:
If you talk with Jason of GPIV I would not go to Oval Repair. He spent a lot of money and F@*** it up. Form what he told me. And their Mechanic sounds like a real piece of work. But ask Jason

I was wondering about that shop. Owner/mechanic still hasn't called me back. Thanks for the heads up.
2013 Kia Optima (275Hp)
plumkrazy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knsstang wrote:

I was wondering about that shop. Owner/mechanic still hasn't called me back. Thanks for the heads up.

Likely still arguing with Jason R.
1985 Motorsport Capri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by 1985 Motorsport Capri on Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
knsstang

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="1985 Motorsport Capri"]Yea i would avoid Oval.
I just wanted the guy to put it in h pipe that fit perfectly on the 85.
I was forced to get a Cat-Back exhaust system. we agreed on a Flowmaster and my one stipulation was it had to be the factory look style and placement and he agreed .it took him two weeks to get the exhaust and put it in and when I went to go pick it up it was a MagnaFlow 3-inch custom system that is totally screwed up and has to be completely redone. the h pipe is only being held on by the headers and mufflers, the Mufflers are not mounted on correctly and are falling off. tailpipes are so screwed up they hit the axle everytime I hit a bump. he welded everything instead of using clamps and oh yeah the hangers can be knocked off with one finger tip or a bump in the road where the exhaust all comes down on its own. He wants me to buy everything all over and to stary over. And i was physically threatened when i tried to work with him to correct the issue.[/img][/quote
Wow... sorry to hear that. What shop did you finally go with? My caster plates will be here on the 14th and im looking at BBK equal length headers now. Also looked at a fender well cold air intake today..
2013 Kia Optima (275Hp)
FoxBodyPete

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another option in the area but to be honest, could be September before new work can be scheduled.

Fox Body Resto LLC. The shop moved to Livonia in 2017. Used to be on the eastside.
knsstang

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoxBodyPete wrote:
There is another option in the area but to be honest, could be September before new work can be scheduled.

Fox Body Resto LLC. The shop moved to Livonia in 2017. Used to be on the eastside.

Thanks... Installed strut tower brace today. Trying to install one piece at a time. So far I've installed Bilstein struts, Eibach lowering springs, caster camber plates. Next is 3g alternator upgrade and sub frame connectors if I need them...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16U65BANaRD1KX8JyksFk6uojYTqMTe-6/view?usp=drivesdk
2013 Kia Optima (275Hp)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: