ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1986 ASCMclaren coupe for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:25 am    Post subject: 1986 ASCMclaren coupe for sale Reply with quote

I am putting 105 up for sale, I've decided to go another direction with my interests and I need the garage space and the cash for a travel trailer. I've had the car for 12 or so years, and in that time I've put maybe 1k miles on it. Its hard to say as it has a different speedo in it now and the cable is broken anyway.

The good

I has a brand new rebuilt 306 from Creb engineering (you can find them on ebay) It has gt40p heads, gt40p shorty headers, explorer intake, 65mm TB, 70mm mass air meter, mass air conversion, 24# injectors, 3 core aluminum radiator. Engine runs great, but I haven't had the opportunity to drive it. The brakes are new, tires have almost 0 miles on them. I have the correct stripe kit, its suppose to be the charcoal grey with black stripes. I also have the side skirt and front spoiler, but both sides of the front air dam are broken. Being in Las Vegas for the last 5 years and the California Central Valley for 5 before that it is virtually rust free, and no cancer. The suspension looks like it was removed at some point and painted, and before I got it the whole thing had been on a rotisserie. I have a ton of the documentation for it, I'll get it out this weekend and post what I have. I also have a rear bumper cover that can go with the car.

The bad.

There isn't much that is bad, the car is originally from Indiana so there is SOME rust, but not much, I'll get some pics this weekend. The rear ground effects broke when it was driven off the truck that brought it to me when I bought it, but there are no tailpipes past the mufflers anyway. While the tires have almost 0 miles on them they are a decade old, and not dry rotted, but they have flat spots from sitting for so long. The paint, while a really good paint job, has started bubbling along the door and fender creases. The paint also has some scratches on it from being in a garage with kids running past it. Neither window motor works all the time, the driver window is down, and the passenger one is up. They work sometimes, I'm sure they just need replacing. The fuel pump could probably be replaces as well. The one in the car works just fine, but I'm not sure the factory pump is up to demands of the new motor.

Im sure I am missing a lot, I'll post pictures as soon as I get it off jackstands and move it to the driveway. As is usually the case, I probably think its worth more then it is and I'm asking $9500 for it. If it doesn't sell I'll probably knock it down some but to low and I might as well keep it.

Currently the car is in Las Vegas but I'm willing to bring it to southern California or the Phoenix area for a serious buyer.

I know the car doesn't have many miles on it, the original engine was very clean and still had the cross hatching on the cylinder bores. Overall its a 33 year old car, but in very good shape.
1986 ascMclaren Coupe #105

Initial success or total failure - AF EOD
dime_store_pony wrote:
granddaddy said "son, clowns wear bowties and if'n i ever catch ya in one
i'll take a picture and show all the girls"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Kyle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://ibb.co/dQVqDb7
https://ibb.co/0sPpnWN
https://ibb.co/3hNyL1T
https://ibb.co/Sws4BYZ
https://ibb.co/C8D4fbb

It took me longer then it should have, but here are some photos. I should add that while the compressor is in place, it isn't hooked up and there is no condenser.

dime_store_pony wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
ChuckG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this still available?
Kyle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, lifes been super busy, and I know this post is old, but yes, it is available still. I stopped selling for awhile and started working on it again but have decided that I cant give it the attention I want. Ive replaced the fuel pump with a 255lph from LMR and Ive replaced almost all the various sensors, coil, fuel pressure regulator, and new plugs. When I replaced the water temp sensor the car started running MUCH better. Ill check this more often I promise, Id love for it to go to a good home. One guy offered to buy it but was talking about putting a mustang aero nose and and LS in it.

dime_store_pony wrote:
ChuckG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God no! Don't sell to that idiot!

I'll help it find a loving home where it will be restored and preserved.
ChuckG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle,

I have an interested buyer. Check your PMs.
Kyle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChuckG wrote:
God no! Don't sell to that idiot!

I'll help it find a loving home where it will be restored and preserved.

I would never in a million years sell I to someone I even suspected wouldn't treat it like it needed to be treated

dime_store_pony wrote:
ChuckG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you reach Ryan. He's in Vegas right now.
Kyle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did, he wasnt able to take it however.

dime_store_pony wrote:
ChuckG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your messages.
Kyle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChuckG wrote:
Check your messages.

last message I have is from 12 Dec

On a positive note, the motor runs really well now that I replaced the fuel pressure regulator and the water temp sensor. seems that last one is more important then I thought for the 5.0

dime_store_pony wrote:
ChuckG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.

In my last private message was my phone number.
rgfb62

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject: This still for sale? Reply with quote

Still have this for sale? If so I would be interested in buying this personally.
ChuckG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: This still for sale? Reply with quote

rgfb62 wrote:
Still have this for sale? If so I would be interested in buying this personally.

I believe it did sell. That's all I know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: