ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foxtoberfest 2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
86MclarenCapri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Foxtoberfest 2019 Reply with quote

So I drove the 5 hours to the show and it was a bit of a let down. I thought there would be more vendors and maybe a little more organization. there were a lot of different cars, though!

There were two 87-88 McLaren Roadsters and one 86 midnight blue coupe. the coupe was sold on saturday! I hope the new owner gets involved with the community.

I wanted to talk to the seller, but I showed up right as they drove off. Bummer, too, because I wanted to crawl under the car..
67 Mustang GTA Convt
fascat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been kicking around the idea of going for the past couple of years. I saw pictures of an '85 Coupe and a Black Mustang Roadster that was there. I seem to remember seeing pictures of the '85 Coupe before. The front license plate was attached to the grille. The one I'm thinking of has New Hampshire Antique plates on it. I didn't see any pictures of the '86 Coupe. Wonder what number it is and who bought it. Maybe the new owner will join the site.
86MclarenCapri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the coupe--with the Connecticut plates. I didn't know if it was an 85 or 6.

I'm really curious what it went for. I am (kinda) looking for a coupe and that would have been a good one. It was a little rough, but it was all there and would have made a great resto.

the 87 or 88 roadsters were a little rough, too. I spoke to the owner of the white 87 for a while and I think he is going to join the forum. He got the car a year ago and it is a barn find. The body is in excellent shape but the interior and top need some love.

There was also a guy selling some Ricaros - they are advertised on Facebook Marketplace. He wanted $500 for them and they were rough. I mean, REALLY rough. They both needed the bottom frames replaced.
67 Mustang GTA Convt
fascat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't sure if it was an '85 or an '86 either until I saw a video with it in and the hood was up. I paused the video and could see the air cleaner lid. Hopefully the owner will check in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> ASC Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: