ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

F/S 1986 ASC McLaren convertible ****SOLD****SOLD****SOLD***
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: F/S 1986 ASC McLaren convertible ****SOLD****SOLD****SOLD*** Reply with quote

I have a 1986 Asc Mclaren convertible, that I am looking to sell. click on the album icon below this post to view the pictures of it. There are 28 pictures in all. Car has the 5.0 High output 302 EFI motor with the B-303 Camshaft. I spoke to Sandy about the car in August and learned more about it in one hour on the phone with him then I learned owning it for ten years. I am the second owner, I have owned it for ten years as stated. It is serial number (86-0094) of 245 Asc Mclaren convertibles built in 1986. The car came from New Jersey originally and its been in my garage on Long Island, N.Y. ever since it was bought by me. It is red in color with a tan top & recaro seats. The top is not ripped and is in good shape for its age. I bought the car with 9,000 original miles on it and now it has 17,947 original miles on it. It was driven only in the summer by the previous owner and by me. It has been off the road and unregistered the last three years. It was always mechanically well maintained by me. The oil was changed every 2,000 miles with Mobil-1 synthetic oil ever since I have owned it. It has the rare "Performance Decor" package, which is the coupes ground effects, front fog lights, headlamp & tail light covers. Also has the factory gold pin stripe going around the whole lower body molding. Has original gold Asc wheels, tires have 3,000 miles on them. The originals tires had great tread but they where dry cracked from age. I replaced the stock stereo with a Clarion stereo & 6-CD changer in the trunk, along with a power antenna instead of that cheap little rubber antenna they all came with. The interior is in good shape, carpets are great but the seats do have some cracking on the drivers side, but there are no rips. The drivers seat heater still works but not the passengers. The seat speakers do not work either but I was told by Sandy that those problems where common with these seats. The paint is in good shape with some oxidation and a few minor scratches & paint chips. The previous owner must have detailed the car alot. The car has never been in an accident. I have plenty of pictures but I donot know how to post them I will try tomorrow, but I can email them to anyone who is interested. I was going to put it on Ebay this weekend, until I found this Website, so I will give this forum a shot first. Its a nice original Asc with the rare ground effects package. The vin# is (1MEBP79M3GF611018) The car is not mint but its nice, it will need some TLC but nothing major. I have alot of the original paper work that came with the car when it was new, like the original Recaro seat order form. Please email me with any questions at (Peterahan@aol.com) I will give my phone number out to anyone who emails me for a more detailed description. I will let any interested forum users look at the car in person here in New York. Sorry for the long post but its not your every day muscle car that is for sale here. I am asking $7,900 or best offer or trade for a 60's or 70's muscle car or Corvette.
Thanks Pete Very Happy

Last edited by Peter on Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:49 am; edited 5 times in total
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess, ultimately, I failed to insight enough enthusiasm for our cars into Peter to convince him to keep this really nice example, over his longing for a 70's Corvette. Guys, if she goes to e-bay, we all know her ultimate fate, anybody want to save her? The wear & tear she's had in the past 18 years will equal that which she'll get in her 1st 18 months to her new e-bayer Sad

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
75coug

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, I have sent you a PM, in which I provide my e-mail address and ask for some photos.

In the event that a deal could be reached, does anyone know how much it would cost to get a car shipped halfway across the country?

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
Sandy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around $2,400 to Texas from NY

Foxfleet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my 85 vert shipped from Salt Lake City to Cincinnati for $650. That was on a non-enclosed trailer. Great service and communication, but outside in the elements nonetheless.
85 asc/McLaren Capri 5.0 SC Vert-lots of miles
68 Cougar 5.0/C4 Tubbed, Caged, Project Pumpkin
55 Ford F 100-Full 5.0, 5 speed, wiring, S-trim
Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an actual e-mail, to me, from a friend who recently bought a drop dead georgous Chevy El Camino. I had to search for it and thought that I had deleted it - but I didn't. This man researched this topic for weeks, as this was a 1-off exceptional El Camino. Here is what he wrote to me, a day or so AFTER the car arrived. I, knowing this man, whould go with this company. I had thought that he said $2,500 ~ why? I don't know. THAT was the figure that stuck in my mind. NOW, I see it was $500.00 so, my post above is dead wrong!!!! Ignore it. Here is the e-mail he sent to me on the 24th of September, or like 3 weeks ago:--

"" Hi Sandy, the El Camino arrived this morning! I gotta tell you, if anyone ever asks you for a transport company recommend DAS! They were great. The car was delivered to their terminal on Friday, it left on Monday and arrived this morning! I was even able to track it online. 1200 miles, four days, and $500, sure can't beat that. ""

Tom S.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
Here is an actual e-mail, to me, from a friend who recently bought a drop dead georgous Chevy El Camino. I had to search for it and thought that I had deleted it - but I didn't. This man researched this topic for weeks, as this was a 1-off exceptional El Camino. Here is what he wrote to me, a day or so AFTER the car arrived. I, knowing this man, whould go with this company. I had thought that he said $2,500 ~ why? I don't know. THAT was the figure that stuck in my mind. NOW, I see it was $500.00 so, my post above is dead wrong!!!! Ignore it. Here is the e-mail he sent to me on the 24th of September, or like 3 weeks ago:--

"" Hi Sandy, the El Camino arrived this morning! I gotta tell you, if anyone ever asks you for a transport company recommend DAS! They were great. The car was delivered to their terminal on Friday, it left on Monday and arrived this morning! I was even able to track it online. 1200 miles, four days, and $500, sure can't beat that. ""

The guy I sold my '86 LX to used DAS and it worked out great for him. They charged around $600 from MN to Bronx, NY.

'85 ASC Coupe #607910--sold and crushed RIP Crying or Very sad
'95 SVT Cobra--sold
'89 Oregon State Police SSP Mustang--sold
'86 LX 5.0 Coupe--sold
Peter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Pictures of the 86 ASC Mclaren for sale are posted on album Reply with quote

You can view my red 86 Asc Mclaren that is for sale, by clicking the little album icon feature under my post. car is in nice shape and has 17,947 original miles. Asking $7,900 or best offer. car is located in New York. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer, should be around $500-$700. I will help with the arrangements. My email address is Peterahan@aol.com I have a more detailed post of the condition of this car at the top of this classified section of the forum.
75coug

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the car subject to an emissions inspection in New York? If so, does it pass?

In order to title a car in the county in which I live in Texas, a car has to pass a smog test. As I learned from a Capri that I bought from a guy in Missouri last year, passing the smog test can be pricey.

Thanks for the additional information.

Peter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Emissions test Reply with quote

Yes, you do need an emissions inspection in New York. I dont know about a smog test they dont have that in N.Y. unless you mean emissions test. The last time this 1986 Asc Mclaren was inspected was in the year 2000. And anyone who knows these 5.0 fuel injected 302 Ford motors knows they dont pass emissions test that easily. I know it had a bit of a hard time passing last time. I dont know how strict the emissions testing is in Texas, but its pretty strict here in New York. I do Know the test limits are adjusted for the year of the car, because older cars didnt have the strict restrictions that newer cars being built have to adhere to. They might have to tinker with the engine adjustments to make it pass. I just read something on another post which is true about my car. Sandy had also told me about it. My cars emissions run rich in fuel, you can smell it. It runs very lumpy and stalls sometimes when sitting in drive at a red light. Sounds very throaty when it idles, and the idle does jump up and down at times. So I assume it does have the B-303 camshaft. I wil include another posters post below, which desribes everything my car does to a tee. Its interesting reading to anyone who has one of these cars.

Post on B-303 camshaft

The reason I say it doesn't work as well in EFI cars (especially the 86-88s) is because they operate on a speed density system. In other words, they rely on manifold vacuum to regulate air/fuel ratio. The 85s were carbd as you know, so they would not be affected by the vacuum loss, except maybe for a softer brake pedal due to a lack of vacuum to the power brake booster. That is why Sandy is referring to surging. The 86-88 are VERY famous for this when you change the cam which changes vacuum. The computer doesn't know what to set the air/fuel ratio at. The car will run rich. The vacuum the B cam gives off at idle is close to what a stock cam gives off at part thottle (the further throttle goes open, the less vacuum you have in your manifold). The 86-88 EFI car's processor are pre-programmed to know at a certain vacuum (based on the stock cam) to give it a certain fuel ratio. With the B-cam, the computer is looking at the vacuum thinking the car is operating at part throttle and it dumping more fuel in the car.
svo413

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: shipping Reply with quote

The best in auto shipping, use Horseless Carriage. They handle all the new exotic car shipping from east to west coast. It will cost you more @$1800 NJ to CA but it will be fully enclosed and wrapped with plastic. Something worth considering with the fall season coming up.
85 ASC Vert #612205
88 ASC Vert #542 20,550 miles
84 SVO 24,000 miles, 84 GT Turbo Vert.
03 Mach I, 89 LX Vert, 74 Mustang II
14 CA Special, 69 Mustang coupe, 07 GT500
67 T-bird, 15 F150 Tuscany, 16 F250
75coug

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to be talking to a friend tomorrow who is trying very hard to sell me his 1981 Corvette. If a deal cannot be reached with him, I will be making an offer for the 17,xxx mile car subject of this thread.

75coug

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I ended up making a lowball offer on the Corvette. I did it because the guy is a friend, and if I end up getting the car at the price offered, I will have done very well for myself. He is supposed to let me know his answer on Monday, and if he says no, there will be no counteroffer and I will make a go at the 1986 McLaren vert.

75coug

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller has now offered me a package deal on his 1981 Corvette and 1984 Avanti that would include a payout. He is really getting desperate to make a deal. It is looking more and more like my purchase of a McLaren will have to be placed on the backburner, and I will have to be happy with my plain ol' 1985 Capri for a while.

negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

75coug wrote:
The seller has now offered me a package deal on his 1981 Corvette and 1984 Avanti that would include a payout. He is really getting desperate to make a deal. It is looking more and more like my purchase of a McLaren will have to be placed on the backburner, and I will have to be happy with my plain ol' 1985 Capri for a while.

You really should buy the car that you want. Unless the Vette and the Avanti stirs your heart like an asc would, I would skip them.

You will be stuck with those cars for as long as that guy lives or you want your friendship to last. I wouldn't buy them unless I was 100% thrilled with them the way they are and never had any intention of selling them.

The minute you try a mod or go to sell one, your friend is going to hate you for it.

-Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: