ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index ascMcLaren Enthusiasts
An asc McLaren forum for ALL Mustang and Capri based cars modified by Automotive Speciality Corporation, a Division of American Sunroof Corporation.
(a trademarked corporation) with no affilation to this site.

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

85 asc vert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
negusm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: 85 asc vert Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6236&item=2492272795&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Album
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to see the lister's revisions to the adv.

asc McClerian
asc McClarien
asc McClarian

FORD ???

Nice car. Dumb Owner.

Wrong Wheels, close >> No Mc-Cigar
See, unlike that other one of days gone by, RECAROS WITH the proper door panels, but that is 'cause it's a 1985. Many 1986s too had the correct door panels, but near the end, they ran out of them, and late '86s have the stock Capri door panels WITH Recaros. Also note, the VIN starts 1MH and NOT 1ME. This car was ordered under "D32" code to ascMcLaren specs. A 1MH car is worth more!!! His starting price of $9,000 is too high. It will probably not sell. It's worth (IMHO) $11,500, at the least, possibly more.
If I had the $$$ and storage room and was 37 and not 57, I'd buy it. It's getting hard(er) to be "daddy" to 6 cars at this age, 'ya know. (Well, I guess 'ya don't know.....trust me!!)

1990 Final Car prior to the 12 Silver Anny Editions
1990 Silver Pearl Anny Edition
1986 Coupe Full Pkg #109 of 114.

http://public.fotki.com/ascmclaren/ascmclaren_capris/sandys_mclarens/
87conv

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Sandy. What makes a 1mh car worth more than a 1me car? Reply with quote

I have a 85 Red conv 1mh car and was wondering what the differance was between the two. Thanks For the info Dan
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly NO difference!! Possibly SOME differeence that we do not know!!

I understand the 1ME cars were cars with Sand Beige or Charcoal or for 1986 the addition of Regatta Blue interior(s), that were on the assembly line that were being built with the V-8 (RS Models) that had nowhere to go to. In other words, no dealer had ordered them, but rather they were being built to keep from laying off workers and paying "down" time wages. These cars would be stockpiled on the property, until a dealer put in an order for INVENTORY. Then an allready completed car would be shipped. I was told that 1ME cars were these cars that we "ON LINE" (scheduled to be built) and a dealer called in an order for an ascMcLaren one of these cars would be altered to ascMcLaren build.

A 1MH car was ordered from "Day-1" as an ascMcLarern from the get go. I have no way of finding out if the two builds included differing items or not. Only a person who actually worked on the line, MIGHT recall.

1ME was the prefix for a Capri. 1MH denotes an "incomplete vehicle" meaning that it will go to some convertor. All Lincoln Limos are 1MH because they are going to an aftermarket convertor.
They roll off the Wixom Assemblty line as an Incomplete Town Car and are shipped to the convertor.

87conv

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Thanks for The information Sandy. Reply with quote

It is nice to know that mine was ordered as a ASC Mclaren in the first place. How many 85 convertibles Have you tracked down so far ? Dan
Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, have not done a count in a loooong time, butr off the top of my head I'd guess about 40% or around 100.

75coug

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy wrote:
His starting price of $9,000 is too high. It will probably not sell.

Bingo. No bids. Sandy is psychic.

1989 ascMcLaren convertible - royal gold
1986 ascMcLaren convertible - red
1984 ascMcLaren convertible - white
Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Re-list it with an opening bid of an odd amount! $881.00 is a good start. Make the RESERVE what ever one wants.
E-BAYers are a weird breed. They respond to one word: CHEAP. Make it cheap to start, and trhen let them get "lost" in bidding wars, and pay MORE than they woulda thought that they would have, going into it!! I guess it's basic Physic-ieee. $881.00 LOOKS CHEAP. You cant start on e-bay at nearly what it's really worth. E-BAYers don't, as a whole, wanna pay what something is really worth! They want it for Cheap! Those of us who hail from years in the car business understand this. Buyers love smoke & mirrors. Oh, they'll tell you they deplore it, and mentally they do!! They are not lying. But rational emotions seldom actually buy a car! IMPULSE emotions open zee wallet! Hook 'em by starting low, reel 'em in slowly as you raise zee price!

Sales 101 = Nobody in America N*E*E*D*S a new car!! There are enough cars in this country to last the population a decade (or more) AHHH, but the word "W*A*N*T*S is a different story!! I WANT a new car.....Want sells!! Needs, ruins deals!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascMcLaren Enthusiasts Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: